What's new

The Best Boomerang?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Of the two I've been on... Wipeout is/was much better than Boomerang (Pleasure Island).

Wipeout has a nice theme, nice colour scheme, and is much smoother.

Where as Boomerang is ugly, ugly colour's, no theme, and pretty rough. Very unreliable too.

Jake

Strata Poster
I've done a shameful 13:

Bat, Canada's Wonderland
Boomerang, Knotts Berry Farm
Boomerang, Pleasure Island
Boomerang, Bellewaerde Park
Boomerang, Wiener Prater
Boomerang Coast to Coaster, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Boomerang Coast to Coaster, Darien Lake
Flashback, Six Flags New England
La Via Volta, Walibi World
Sea Serpant, Morey's Piers
Sidewinder, HersheyPark
Wipeout, Pleasurewood Hills
Zoomerang, Lake Compounce

and the winner is....

The one at Prater, purely for the fact that it has lap bars.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
Where as Boomerang is ugly, ugly colour's, no theme, and pretty rough. Very unreliable too.

What? I think I've known it to have been down once in my entire life and that was when it stalled. I don't think I've ever been to the park and it's broken, ever.

My favourite is The Bat in Canada, I'm not sure why it was just cool. The worst in Geuaga Lake's old one, that was pretty rough.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Must be my bad luck then. Every time I have visited the place (albeit 4), it had been closed for the majority of the day.

Kebab

Giga Poster
The Boomerang at Siam Park City was great, surprisingly smooth for what it is. It looks stunning amongst the tropical scenery too :)

A

Anonymous

Sidewinder at Hershey because they have more padding on the head rest

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
1. Sidewinder, Hersheypark - Actually really smooth and good in the first half, but it's the backwards half of these that ruins the ride for me. The brakes in the station are also horrible.

2. Zoomerang, Lake Compounce - Same as Sidewinder, but I give the edge to Sidewinder because of the restraints.

3. Boomerang Coast to Coaster, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Typical Boomerang, but better than the two below because of the Vekoma trains.

4. Flashback, Six Flags New England - Well this had unnecessary roughness! It jerked you around in random spots, which is pretty bad for Vekoma trains.

5. Boomerang, Knott's Berry Farm - Arrow trains FTL.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Zoomerang at Lake Compounce is the one that comes to my immediate memory as the best. I've been on 5-6 I think, off the top of my head.

I've been on three so far and I echo this statement. It was very smooth for a boomerang.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The best boomerang is one that's broken. Ok, the rush as it drops down the lift hill and through the station is one of my favourite theme park experiences, but the rest of the ride can suck something of mine.