What's new

The Best Boomerang?

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I have been on 6 "Boomerang" rollercoaster, and my favourite one was The Bat at Canada's Wonderland. I was thinking about and was wondering if any of you felt similarly/differently? To make it clear, I'm talking about proper classic Vekoma boomerangs, not stuff like Deja Vu at SFMM.
To put my opinion into perspective, these are the boomerangs I've ridden:
  • Boomerang-Knott's Berry Farm
    Boomerang-La Ronde
    Boomerang-Pleasure Island Family Theme Park
    The Bat-Canada's Wonderland
    Missile-American Adventure (The british one, that's closed now)
    Head Spin-Geauga Lake
So, discuss and debate!

Snoo

The Legend
Zoomerang at Lake Compounce is the one that comes to my immediate memory as the best. I've been on 5-6 I think, off the top of my head.

Head Spin at Geauga Lake was the worst.. by lightyears.. BUT I have heard good things about Carolina Cobra.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I've ridden quite a few Doomerangs & a few Boomerangs, but only one stands above all the rest - Carolina Cobra (thanks to the lovely new trains that make it smooth as butter). It's truly the only Boomerang I look forward to riding & would re-ride as often a possible.
Honorable mention has to go to Boomerang at Karolinelund (smoothest one with old trains), followed by Zoomerang at Lake Compounce (least painful of all the rest).
Here's my list:
Bat - Canada's Wonderland
Boomerang- Knott's Berry Farm
Boomerang - Karolinelund
Boomerang Coast to Coaster - Great Escape
Boomerang Coast to Coaster - Darien Lake
Carolina Cobra - Carowinds
Flashback - Six Flags New England
Sea Serpent - Morey's Piers
Sidewinder - Hersheypark
Zoomerang - Lake Compounce

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I've only ridden two Standard Boomerang's; KBF's and SFDK's. SFDK's was much better (due to the Vekoma trains) but I don't enjoy either.

RCF

Strata Poster
I don't like boomerangs. But I believe I've only been on two. Flashback at SFOT and Boomerang at SFFT. Flashback wins.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I've only done one boomerang so far and that was the one at Pleasure Island. It was really fun and it's really forceful going backwards through the loop. The only downside to it was the headbanging on the cobra roll but other than that it was fun. :)

Oh and the best place to sit is at the back. :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Never done a boomerang.

And why the hell is this in "News & Rumours"?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Moved from News and Rumours ... *slaps the new mods on the wrist!*

The first boomerang I went on was the old Butlin's one in North Wales (somewhere in the US now) when I was about 11. I loved it then, but it's not fair to include it in a ranking list because I can't remember it well enough, and wouldn't have been paying any attention to how smooth (or not) it was.

Thinking about the more recent ones I've been on:

1. Boomerang - Siam Park City, Thailand
Very smooth, forceful. Really good actually.

2. Space Shuttle - Enchanted Kingdom, Philippines
Nicely themed, smooth, fun ride

3. Boomerang, Karolinelund, Denmark
Can't really remember, which must put it into the "ok" category

4. Boomerang - Woobang Tower Land, Korea
**** ing horrible!

I thought I'd been on more than 5 to be honest.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Never done a boomerang.

And why the hell is this in "News & Rumours"?
Haha, sorry, I meant to put it in polls and opinions, I must have been quite tired..

gavin said:
I thought I'd been on more than 5 to be honest.
I know what you mean, it feels like so much more!

now that everyone's mentioning the worst ones I think mine would be head spin, because we went just before it close down, and Cedar Fair had practically left everything to just fall apart, so the paintwork and everything looked awful (pink, worn paint isn't very nice to look at) and I think I recall it being pretty bumpy.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I've only done 2

1 - wipeout at pleasurewood hills - pretty smooth and quite fun

2 - The one at karolinelund - found it pretty rough, but not unbearable - but it's quite scary to hear that there are far worse....

tks

Strata Poster
I've been on a Vekoma Giant Inverted one, but not a normal one! How silly of me. Btw the GIB's suck ass.

Ben

CF Legend
I've been on about 10, I think. I don't know what my favourite would be, probably the GIBs :p Of the normal ones? I honestly don't know. They're all kind of the SAME.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've only been on the one in Karolinelund and found it ok. Not sure what all the fuss was about with people saying it's crap. But then everyone else on the live said it was one of the better boomerangs they've ridden.