What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

Xpress

Strata Poster
Those overbanks look just absolutely amazing. Not only do you get overbanked, BUT you get headchopper too!! :D

RCF

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Those overbanks look just absolutely amazing. Not only do you get overbanked, BUT you get headchopper too!! :D

If you're talking about the third overbank, I'm sure those rails are just for support so they could work on the track as opposed to "headchoppers".

And SFOT posted an "insider video" on the Texas Giant that provides some great footage and shots.

Here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/sixflagsovertex ... 1550270894

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
RCF said:
Xpress said:

If you're talking about the third overbank, I'm sure those rails are just for support so they could work on the track as opposed to "headchoppers".

I ermmmm.... you.... ermmm.... Don't say?

RCF

Strata Poster
Welcome to the last update before the first PULL THROUGH!!

I've heard word that the last piece of the Giant was put in yesterday! Pics courtesy of Zingoman at TPR

They finally closed the gap and finished the second overbank
tpr1_7.jpg

Man these trains are gonna just fly off the midcourse
tpr2_7.jpg

A purty view from the south side near Titan
tpr3_7.jpg

Train is completely on the transfer track along with the hood and fins
tpr4_7.jpg

Workers on the transfer track
tpr6_3.jpg

The crane putting up the last piece of track
tpr7_3.jpg

Check out the view. This is from yesterday:
tpr8_3.jpg

And here's the same one in March:
tpr9_3.jpg

Another picture of now:
tpr10_2.jpg

And before:
tpr11_1.jpg

tpr12_1.jpg

And although the lighting is bad, here's an orgy of track to end the last update!
tpr13_1.jpg

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Blimey.

If anyone was in any doubt if this was a new credit or not...

You'd never guess it was the same coaster, I wasn't very familiar with the old version and didn't realise just how much they changed it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It looks like a Sim Themepark roller coaster creation.

RCF

Strata Poster
According to SFOT's official Facebook page, the final piece of track was installed this morning (and secured with a golden bolt might I add). Also, they added nice looking pictures, and, along with pictures, provided infomration on each of the over banks.

"Prepare to go BALLISTIC as this turn will thrill riders to an unbelievable 112° turn! Photo courtesy of Amusement Today."
155677_10150100895600991_65853440990_7838282_3441242_n.jpg

"At 10:15am on December 8, 2010, the final piece of track is put in to place and secured with a GOLDEN bolt"
155740_10150100895630991_65853440990_7838283_7448725_n.jpg

"The first high-bank turn (bottom of photo) is an intense 103° while the second turn is even more insane at 105°!"
156974_10150100895665991_65853440990_7838284_6062740_n.jpg

And a nice final photo for this update:
69736_10150100897955991_65853440990_7838302_8368494_n.jpg

RCF

Strata Poster
Well apparently they've been working on installing drive wheels and brakes and they should have trains cycling by early January. But according to Zingoman of TPR, he saw bunches of brand new chain under La Vibora (the resident bobsled) nd apparently it's gone now. But pictures!!

Chrsitmas tree on lift hill. No lights though
tpr1_8.jpg

Big crowd of RCM workers getting ready to leave work
tpr2_8.jpg

And here is said chain from earlier!
tpr3_8.jpg

And some more pictures from Zingoman and Robeclay of TPR

Antinos said:
Somebody got antsy waiting to take photos. The ride isn't even done yet in that photo.

Well how's this? :wink:
tpr1_9.jpg

All the brush and trees have been cleared out in the infield
tpr2_9.jpg

Apparently workers are still hard at work and there were two cranes working all day
tpr3_9.jpg

I-Beams on transfer track have been replaced from wood to steel
tpr4_9.jpg

And even though there's a light in the way, you can see the chain starting to make its way up the lift
tpr5.png

Although contrary to my earlier part of the post, they did in fact light up the Christmas Tree on top of TG's lift :p
tpr6_4.jpg

Now some pictures from "Frosty's Snow Hill" next to the ampitheatre and some shots from within the structure (some aren't the best of quality)

The back of the "that of which we don't speak of"
giant_0.jpg

giant2_1.jpg

giant3_0.jpg

Nice drop shot from the Antique Cars
giant6_0.jpg

Turn going under the lift
giant7.jpg

And a shot from the top of the lift
giant8.jpg
[/quote]

Jer

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
I wonder what the brakes will look like.. :?

Bah with a ride this awesome it doesn't need brakes! it will use the power of it's awesome to slow down the ride.

Also is that a cable lift I spy?

Jer

Strata Poster
Where is said chain then? I look at the picture and only see a empty track for said chain. It could be easily confused by an idiot (much like me)

Jer

Strata Poster
^Nope :--D I scrolled though the update pretty fast I thought they were kicker wheels and brakes.

RCF

Strata Poster
Jer said:
^Nope :--D I scrolled though the update pretty fast I thought they were kicker wheels and brakes.

tpr3_8.jpg

tpr5.png

There's two pictures! Even if you did scroll through fast, how'd you miss it?