What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

RCF

Strata Poster
Texas Giant Tuesday!

Seeing as pictures on the SFOT Texas Giant page on their official website catwalk construction is done and there have been many test runs, confirmed by coaster enthusiasts from TPR. But some nice pictures coming in, is the facelift of the Giant's station, which is undergoing a full renovation (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=415802370990&id=65853440990&aid=210303: the last three)

And there was a video posted on Vimeo of some shots fromt eh commercial, but unfortunately, as of last night/this morning, the video became private. Fortunately, someone recorded and (unfortunately) added music to it. Shows some really great shots. Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g1w_ynIIQo[/youtube]

RCF

Strata Poster
Well I've waited awhile to update everything and it's that time!

We only have two days until the Preview (Media) Day, and three days til opening. And I'm proud to say we'll have two CFers there (me and tomahawKSU) and we'll be providing coverage, photos and videos. But let's get on with pictures and such.

Here are some pics from SFOT's Texas Giant webpage

A lot of work has been going on in order to prepare the Giant for its opening, including a revamp of the station (found here)

Also, they put back up the original "Wait! Let's discuss this!" Wile E. Coyote sign (here)

New landscaping being worked on
texasgiant_Apr11_Landscaping.jpg

Paint on concrete pillars of the transfer track
texasgiant_Apr11_Pillar.jpg

New paint and such going on in the station
texasgiant_Apr11_Station.jpg

Safety fencing has been installed on the inside part of the ride (horrible description :p)
texasgiant_Apr11_Fencing.jpg

The photo booth is getting a revamp and is also going to become a gift shop for the Texas Giant
texasgiant_Apr11_PhotoBooth.jpg

You can also find the commercial that was shot last month on the Texas Giant page as well (below)!

From SFOT's Official Facebook Page

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah good, I'm really glad you guys will be going and covering it for CF. They sent a media invite to us only two days ago and the deadline date is today! I've only just found out that Jerry can't make it due to his work's attitude towards short-notice leave, so I was going to ask you boys, even if it was pushing against the deadline.

I'm assuming that you're attending with another site, but I'm thankful that you'll post it here on CF. :)

Obviously I have the CF spaces available so if anybody else wants to attend, email me ASAP, by 11am Texas time on ian@coasterforce.com Four spaces are available.

RCF

Strata Poster
I've emailed Ian. Sucks they didn't tell you about it sooner or I would've jumped on it real quick. Tom's going for RCPro and regardless of whether I'll be with the press or going as a competition winner, I will do all I can to get as much coverage as possible for this site :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I need to get another ride in, but it is amazing! Its definitely top 5, but where it will be, a few rides will tell me that. Some of the most insane ejector ever!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
sixflagsovertexasbanner.png

Six Flags Over Texas' Texas Giant coaster will open on Friday 22nd April following a $10,000,000 refurbishment.

The "new" refurbished coaster will stand 153ft tall, 10ft taller than it 's original incarnation, feature a 79-degree first drop and will also be faster, reaching speeds of 65mph! The original wooden tracks have been replaced with steel to create a "hybrid" coaster with a wooden structure.

Read more and discuss Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas.

See the full article: