What's new

T3 is done for at Kentucky Kingdom

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
What if they all got Lap Bar only trains?
Except these don't work for the SLC track. Vekoma designed the new vest restraint trains as seen on Mayan and Condor, but they're still horrible. The layout would actually be quite a decent ride, if it didn't try to rip you in half at the first sight of a turn or inversion.

Hutch

Strata Poster
They can do whatever they want to improve the trains... remove headbanging, free the upper body... but it wouldn't salvage how it rumbles through the layout with that track work.

FogZog

Mega Poster
Ironically one of the best SLC's i've done was the Aussie SLC+ at Warner. Which ended up being removed first.

The trains seen here managed to remove headbanging and although its wasnt a smooth ride the trains were SO SO much better than the old standard ones.

View attachment 24513

The stupid thing is the SLC is an objectively great layout for a coaster. Its just a shame it was executed by 1990s Vekoma and not 2020s Vekoma
wow.. Never rode one but the track looks amazing in this shot. 😍

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
5 bucks it goes to a random park in China...
Thats a bet I'll take. 🤣 Pretty sure Chinese safety rules wouldnt allow an almost 30 year old SLC these days.
The SLC at Happy Valley Shenzen just passed 20 and almost instantly went SBNO and they replaced the mine train as soon as it reached 20 too.
Apparently its due to some fairly strict rules on big coasters there these days.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
giphy.gif

GeminiOP03

Roller Poster
"but I wish with Kentucky Kingodms relationship with RMC"...
It was Ed Harts relationship with RMC. That's all gone now.

They can build up to 140 ft max where T3's lift-hill currently stands. That's plenty for a new coaster.

I really hope Herschend doesn't waste that 140 ft on a new show building or praise and worship amphitheater.

T3 has begun coming down today. First picture is from this morning, second is from this afternoon;
View attachment 30587
View attachment 30588
Source & Source

Seems like they're on a tight schedule to get this thing taken down... ride listing online is currently RESERVED, could we have a buyer?

As former Chang/T2 ride-op and Day-5 Alive alum, I appreciate you sharing the photo's.

Nobody is gonna cry for a removed SLC
I'm crying on the inside.

From opening day until I relocated to Seattle in 2017, I racked up 207 round-trips not including morning test runs as an Op.

They can do whatever they want to improve the trains... remove headbanging, free the upper body... but it wouldn't salvage how it rumbles through the layout with that track work.
Exactly!

Fixing the track is the ONLY way to eliminate the back-beating.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I really hope Herschend doesn't waste that 140 ft on a new show building or praise and worship amphitheater.
It's probably destined to become a waterpark expansion, I'm afraid.

Made a post about this on the other KK thread, going to crosspost it here;
Taking a deep dive into local affairs; there were multiple fatal pool accidents in the late 2000's, which were attributed to strong drainpipe suction. Over the next decade Louisville cracked down on pools, which sparked a trend of multiple public pools closing and often never reopening due to the increased maintenance requirements. Last year after another pool went down, the city handed out a slew of free memberships to Kentucky Kingdom, assuring that families wouldn't be left stranded in the heat. Given the government subsidizing and even further increased demand, a waterpark expansion can only be inevitable. Both T3 and the former Deluge water coaster are therefore free real estate.
View attachment 30174

With that foregone conclusion, T3's future is the more interesting development for us enthusiasts. Word is that they had an initial buyer who pulled out, and the coaster was delisted from the market for some time. Apparently there is a new buyer now, but whether that's the scrapyard or some extremely naive park (Gene don't you dare), I wouldn't know. It is salvageable and structurally sound, although to be fair that was also said about Nopuko at Lost Island so judge as you will.

ricklap77

Roller Poster
I will always be glad that those SLC's do not end up as scrap metal and find a new home. Yes some of them are more brutal than others but I actually like their layout and they look quite impressive.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Like it was never there;
GLPecbwXIAEeyI9.jpeg
Source

Someone involved with shipping apparently claimed that it's heading to the UK, which absolutely baffles me as there's no good candidates that come to mind. Coaster is in good condition but desperately needs a new PLC system and train(s), which puts it in a weird spot for purchases. Would be hilarious if it turned up at M&D's or some pish like that.

owenstreet7

Roller Poster
Like it was never there;
View attachment 30805
Source

Someone involved with shipping apparently claimed that it's heading to the UK, which absolutely baffles me as there's no good candidates that come to mind. Coaster is in good condition but desperately needs a new PLC system and train(s), which puts it in a weird spot for purchases. Would be hilarious if it turned up at M&D's or some pish like that.
I'd be quite surprised to see this in the UK.

I can't think of any places that might look at this? Oakwood or Pleasurewood Hills? Or one of the more obscure theme parks?

I think we'd be seeing a planning application if that was true.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Funfairs have been doubling up for years with worms, spinning mice and runaway trains. If we consider mirror layouts there's been dueling mice in actual parks too.

It would need a lengthy qualifier and stretching/ignoring some truths to make it valid. I'm not saying Blackpool is above that but might take too much effort.

Blackpool has one of the better SLCs (really) and no park needs one of the worst. If this has actually been sold it would say a lot about the sales teams on both sides.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Funfairs have been doubling up for years with worms, spinning mice and runaway trains. If we consider mirror layouts there's been dueling mice in actual parks too.

It would need a lengthy qualifier and stretching/ignoring some truths to make it valid. I'm not saying Blackpool is above that but might take too much effort.

Blackpool has one of the better SLCs (really) and no park needs one of the worst. If this has actually been sold it would say a lot about the sales teams on both sides.
It's all relative. Sell it to a park in somewhere somewhere like Uruguay or Senegal and it instantly becomes the biggest and best ride in the country. And one would imagine a huge hit.

Sell it to a park in the UK or Germany and then it's not going to compare well to other offerings.