What's new

T3 is done for at Kentucky Kingdom

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I mean, if they're removing a coaster, it would indicate clear up space for a new attraction. There nice land plot owned by KK further behind T3 (including the old Batman Stunt Show arena), which would give more opportunity than not.
You’d think this, but the park doesn’t even have enough money to remove their long-dead water coaster. Deluge has been permanently closed since 2019, but is still just sitting there taking up space. My guess is that T3 never operates again but stays standing for a good few years before they even bother to think about replacing it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm struggling to think of a Vekoma SLC that I enjoyed, maybe Mayan at Energylandia before it started rattling on my last visit. I guess Khumali is alright, but all the rest, including this one, suck absolute ass.
Not as all sad that it's retired, and that is an interesting word, not "being removed", not "being replaced", I think Eyebrows is right and this will stand SBNO for a while.

Hutch

Strata Poster
The one at Morey's Pier is by far the best, and it's STILL bad. That said, it didn't help that I was hungover.

T3 was among the worst though. Only good thing about it was that it looked striking behind the wave pool. And it'll probably be left standing for a while, so it'll still look cool. I mean who knows if they'll go through the effort to remove/replace it anytime soon.

ViperGTS500

Roller Poster
You’d think this, but the park doesn’t even have enough money to remove their long-dead water coaster. Deluge has been permanently closed since 2019, but is still just sitting there taking up space. My guess is that T3 never operates again but stays standing for a good few years before they even bother to think about replacing it.
Why did they close Deluge?

Justin2000

Mega Poster
I'm struggling to think of a Vekoma SLC that I enjoyed, maybe Mayan at Energylandia before it started rattling on my last visit. I guess Khumali is alright, but all the rest, including this one, suck absolute ass.
Not as all sad that it's retired, and that is an interesting word, not "being removed", not "being replaced", I think Eyebrows is right and this will stand SBNO for a while.

I've heard Fly at Morey's Piers is really good

If Vekoma could figure out how to Install Lap Bar trains on their SLC's that would be incredible

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Hmmm.....

It could be that.....or, perhaps, they've realized "T3" ain't the best name and theme and might want to change it...

You know, Apocalypse was "retired" in 2018...and look what happened there!

But more likely this is an actual removal.

Hutch

Strata Poster
If Vekoma could figure out how to Install Lap Bar trains on their SLC's that would be incredible
Ironically T3 was probably the closest thing we got to an SLC with lap bars. The restraint is a bar that crushes your thighs and then there's shoulder straps.

Some SLCs have made attempts to remove headbanging with different trains, but when the trackwork and transitions are still ****, there's no saving them.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ironically one of the best SLC's i've done was the Aussie SLC+ at Warner. Which ended up being removed first.

The trains seen here managed to remove headbanging and although its wasnt a smooth ride the trains were SO SO much better than the old standard ones.

img_8841__copy_.jpg

The stupid thing is the SLC is an objectively great layout for a coaster. Its just a shame it was executed by 1990s Vekoma and not 2020s Vekoma

ricklap77

Roller Poster
SLC's look good. The layout is actually good. What makes them rough is that the wheel boggies are not spring loaded like those on B&M's inverted coasters.

cookie

Giga Poster
Arkham Asylum went to greener pastures, Mind Eraser was sent straight to SBNO purgatory, and now T3 is gone. The '95 SLC squad—not including Great Nor'Easter—are all falling like dominoes.

Flight Deck right now:

chuckles-im-in-danger.gif

Last edited:

DaRealST1

Roller Poster
tbh i
Arkham Asylum went to greener pastures, Mind Eraser was sent straight to SBNO purgatory, and now T3 is gone. The '95 SLC squad—not including Great Nor'Easter—are all falling like dominoes.

Flight Deck right now:

chuckles-im-in-danger.gif
To be completely honest, I'm kind of sad that SLC's are in danger. If you know how to avoid banging, there are actually very fun rides. My home SLC is Flight Deck, and I actually don't mind it. If they all got Nor'Eastered they would be fine.

Justin2000

Mega Poster
tbh i

To be completely honest, I'm kind of sad that SLC's are in danger. If you know how to avoid banging, there are actually very fun rides. My home SLC is Flight Deck, and I actually don't mind it. If they all got Nor'Eastered they would be fine.

What if they all got Lap Bar only trains?

Attachments

• Tripsdrill.jpg
    Tripsdrill.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 27