What's new

Strange/Wierd Parks or Attractions

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
You might have heard about Love Land in South Korea, a park themed around sex, or Dwarf Empire in China (self explanatory) that have been posted in other topics over the years, but I don't think anyone has ever posted anything about Parque Ecoalberto in Mexico before and I thought I create this topic for it or any other outside-the-box parks or attractions that most of us might not have heard of.

Parque Ecoalberto is located about 50 miles north of Mexico City and offers lots of adventure attractions like zip lines, white water kayaking or repelling down cliffs (face first no less).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OvH7wF_OcU[/youtube]

But what's really strange about this park is an upcharge attraction for $18 that lets guests experience what it’s like to cross into the U.S. illegally. La Caminata, also known as “The Hike,” is an attraction that provides guests with an authentic border crossing experience. Visitors travel 7.5 miles accompanied by about 100 staff members who pose as coyote’s in ski masks, border agents, drug smugglers and guides. WTF!

IMG_1762_slideshow.jpg

IMG_1869_slideshow.jpg

IMG_1903_slideshow.jpg

2011-04-26-04heads600.1.jpg

2011-04-26-pchregion04.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
ECG said:
I thought I create this topic for it or any other outside-the-box parks or attractions that most of us might not have heard of.
Although it's definitely strange, I think most - if not all - of us have heard or even been to Bon Bon Land. :wink:

peep

CF Legend
Oh I saw a piece about this on some Australian programme once, didn't realise it was attached to a park. Looks ridiculous.

That cremation experience is also totally worthy of being in this topic (though I feel like it's been posted about before).

mouse

Giga Poster
Ever wanted to walk through an oversized pregnant woman? I know I have.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3QsIuyVaDw[/youtube]

I would recommend watching the video on mute :wink:.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Yeah, I still can't believe that Selva Magica paid to have that thing transported from Italy to Mexico. Probably would have been cheaper to just replicate it.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Actually it wasn't them who bought it from Gardaland. Apparently it has been in Playcenter São Paulo (park that has closed its doors a few years ago) for some time before coming to Selva Magica. But I agree, the thing looks so cheap (perhaps it didn't in the late 80s, but certainly does today) I can imagine the costs of transport being quite higher than it would be just to make a new one...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks bud. Always great to learn new info about coasters, rides or other attractions and their history.

mouse

Giga Poster
Bit of a resurrection, I saw some stuff about this underground 'theme park' posted on facebook:
http://salinaturda.eu/salt-mine-recreation/?lang=en

After 20 minutes of laughing at the name Salina TURDa, I found that it has a ferris wheel, minigolf course, amphitheatre and other underground attractions. Its a salt mine in Romania and has a rich history, as well as looking amazing:

Big Wheel
SALINA-TURDA_-17-%C2%A9-Nicu-Cherciu_resize.jpg

Salina-Turda-01.jpg

Incredible underground boating lake
Salina-Turda-976x313-655x313.jpg

Has anyone been?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
An underground Ferris Wheel? Umm...OK. Now if they only had a cred, but imagine how loud that would be echoing off those walls.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
"Hey, kids! Wanna do something cool?"
"Yeah, dad! What is it?"
"We're going to a place that simulates illegal border crossing!"

Because everyone needs to attempt crossing borders nowadays.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, the Border Crossing Experience has been simulated loads elsewhere since it first made it's appearance - it's sort of like a survival event and obstacle course, too.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Foreigner Street in China has what they claim is the worlds largest set of outdoor toilets as an attraction
https://rcdb.com/9349.htm

Spread over several levels, all in little blocks and all outside they look positively horrendous.
As they are toilets pictures are few and far between but here's a taster

0w1706794549u709432247t21.jpg

0w512501028u1142734626t21.jpg

t01c0e6532a892d3933.jpg