What's new

Strange/Wierd Parks or Attractions

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Tibidabo, the park where I worked for 5 season, has a thing for weird attractions.

They have a plane ride which was billed as the world's first "flight simulator" back when it opened in 1928. Just today the ride has been taken down for an extensive refurbishment after 88 years of service. It will be back in May. Hopefully it will maintain the way it operated, which was completely manual. If anyone is interested in knowing how, just PM and I will gladly explain further details!

1966.Base-Avi%C3%B3n--1024x1024.jpg

2lbml5f.jpg

On the same level as the plane ride, the park has a ride called Talaia (Lookout), which looks just like a cross between a ferris-wheel and a booster. It opened back in 1921 and it is visible from anywhere in the city.

images

talaia_01.jpg

And one of the oldest dark rides still in operation. In fact, it was the first ride of the park in 1915. It is a suspended monorail which has two tunnels themed at random things with zero coherence. Still great for a scenic ride. Until 1992, each car was run by an operator. After Intamin renovated the system, the ride was fitted with a blocking system and now it runs automatically with just one operator.

3d9c810ffcf2bb12f26f30d886124838.jpg

tibidabo.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
The whole park is fab, and scared me ****less. Every single ride just taunts you near the edge like "HAIIIII"