What's new

Spinball Whizzer to Sonic Spinball?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^^^SEGA is owned by Nintendo nowadays, thus they don't produce their own game consoles any more.

And honestly, as the theme can't crash any more than it does today anyway, I'd rather see Rita being rethemed to Sonic. Fits a lot better.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^I was actually just thinking that. Sonic IS supposed to be the fastest thing alive, so surely Sega would prefer to re-theme a launched coaster like Rita instead?

Mark

Strata Poster
Erm, confused now...

The last I heard was that they were considering toning the colour scheme down in an attempt of restoring the well noted "view" as people enter the park? That and then the possibility of a move...

I like the concept. Would look good IF done properly, but if they are moving it, prevailing sense would be to retheme it when they move it?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
To be honest I don't like the idea of Sonic. I could just picture lots of 2D rings chucked about and a few signs themed.

I'd rather them shift Spinball into the black hole area and stick a larger tent over it. It could actually fix that area from being so one sided. Re-use the black holes queue aswell. It will make use of old disused ride space. Most of the theming is in place already.

This way its not the first thing guests will see and it may get less rediculous queues from that. The only cost is digging a bit of a hole and for the move and a paint.

STC

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
But thats just my personal opinion, and this is just an 'idea' that a fan came up with on a fansite.
No it isn't.

AstroDan said:
According to a reliable member on Southparks, Spinball's supports have now been painted dark blue.
:D :D
As most people probably know, Astro is a TT moderator and extremely reliable.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
^ Oh dear god no!

Please, don't do this Alton!! Yeh like they are going to listen to me :(
Spinball Whizzer retheme *thumbs up*, Sonic Spinball as a name is great yes, but as a theme NOO!!

Another note - Invert the colours of that picture Jools posted and it returns to it's original colours, well the red looks sort of orange. :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
STC said:
Martyn B said:
But thats just my personal opinion, and this is just an 'idea' that a fan came up with on a fansite.
No it isn't.

AstroDan said:
According to a reliable member on Southparks, Spinball's supports have now been painted dark blue.
:D :D
As most people probably know, Astro is a TT moderator and extremely reliable.

Well yes, he may well be reliable, but he's not the source of that information, he's just passing the word on from what he has heard on another fansite.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm a huge Sonic fan (preferably pre-Sonic Heroes), I was once thinking about the exact same concept whilst queuing for Spinball a year back now. Me and my friend noticed "Spinball" is actually the name of the classic (But ****) Sega Megadrive game based around the blue hedgehog gaining Chaos Emeralds whilst in a pinball machine. This sparked a discussion that Spiball Whizzer could possibly be re-themed to "Sonic Spinball" rather easily.

I would love to see it personally! It wouldn't need "that" much of a re-theme, maybe just a change of colour scheme, cars and additional Sonic related props and characters. Oh; and how can I forget the classic soundtrack! It would work really well, there are a decent amount of fans and kids would generally love it having a bit more character to it :)

Jools

Giga Poster
Although we are unable to confirm a re-theme for Spinball Whizzer in the 2010 season, Towers Times understands - thanks to a visiting forum member - that the ride supports have been repainted to a dark blue colour, fuelling recent speculation that the ride is set to be re-themed.

Rumours of a Spinball re-theme first surfaced some weeks ago, after the European Coaster Club Mailing List claimed the ride was set for a re-theme. Now, following claims made by several posters on a variety of internet forums, the ride could be set for a Sonic the Hedghog theme in 2010. The colour changes for the ride supports appear to suit Sonic's colour.

We will bring you more news as we get it but, as it stands, the 2010 season looks set to be even bigger with this news!

Please visit TowersTimes Forum for the latest discussion on the Spinball re-theme and all the other changes for next season.

Posted by AstroDan

^ AND OMG YES! I still have that game and my Megadrive! And I also noticed, if you look at the spinball logo at the entrance, it strike a heck of alot of resemblance to sonic in a ball.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_ ... g_Spinball

Darren

Roller Poster
The supports are indeed being painted :--D TowersTimes have posted a whole load of photos of the supports being painted:

Before:

spin0006.jpg

After:

S7300974.jpg

S7300975.jpg

S7300973.jpg

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Looks good in my opinion, even though it's not THAT much of a dramatic change. But to me, it sounds good, it would be cool to go spinning through large gold rings and stuff. Mega Drive for Christmas also :--D

Jools

Giga Poster
Now just to replace the crappy pinballs with Sonioc characters or something and add golden rings :--D

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I like the darker blue. I also like the idea of the Sonic re-theme. Although, not in the current location.

Maybe in Cloud Cuckoo Land. Not sure if there is enough room up there though?

Jools

Giga Poster
Uncle Arly said:
I like the darker blue. I also like the idea of the Sonic re-theme. Although, not in the current location.

Wasn't that where they were suppose to be building the wooden coaster though? I think there is plenty of room at the back in between X Sector and Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Jools said:
Uncle Arly said:

Wasn't that where they were suppose to be building the wooden coaster though? I think there is plenty of room at the back in between X Sector and Cloud Cuckoo Land.

I thought that was Coaster Corner near Towers Street?

Jools

Giga Poster
Uncle Arly said:
I thought that was Coaster Corner near Towers Street?

Is there any space around there, I always heard it was Cred Street, which is now Cloud Cuckoo Land.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Coaster corner was an extended part of what is now Cloud Cuckoo Land.

There's a big wooden "wall" by the side of the theatre, close to the Wave Swinger (Magic Mushroom or whatever it's called this year).

That used to be open, and you could walk around the back of the theatre, towards X-Sector. All of that are was "Coaster Corner". I don't think the theatre was there then though, and some of it was also a coach park. However, it's a pretty massive bit of land and had the three pretty large coasters there.

A lot of that land is now the Merlin Studios and storage space.

I doubt Spinball would be moved there.