What's new

Slammer - The end may be near?

STC

Mega Poster
I've been to Thorpe about a dozen times, and I can't remember Slammer ever being shut for me!

If it does go, will it be heading for the scrapheap or possibly a smaller park, either here or in South America or somewhere? It'd be cool to see somewhere like Flamingoland or Oakwood snap up this intimidating flat, though there might be height and visual restrictions to worry about. Slammer is ugly.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I never realised that people really didn't like Slammer.

It looks amazing, it rides amazingly, it's an amazing ride!

What are you all on!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I agree it looks amazing. But all the blood runs to my head and I feel as if i'm gonna red out. Plus it takes a few years to load the ride and get it going...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, it takes a while, but it takes, what, 40+ people on each cycle?

Personally I'm not arsed either way. I've ridden it a couple of times and quite liked it, but I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there.

I would like to see a smaller park take it on though.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
I have just heard a rumor (well yesterday I heard it) that it is going to be reopening on 15 August after it has been repainted. (So that could explain new signs)

peep

CF Legend
The Ride Guide are claiming they have been informed that the park is currently milling over replacing a very expensive part of the ride to keep it open or to replace it with another thrill ride next year.

Personally I hope it is the latter but there seems to be a lot of weird fans on here so meh. Then again they could be talking a load of bull'.

I get the feeling staff are just randomly coming out with their latest theories on what is going on but no one actually knows for sure.

marc

CF Legend
The same site that claimed it was broken for the year but at GF it was open. Yes it broke down but it was open lol.

It's clear it needs a part and it's obvious they could replace it. People put 2 and 2 together and claim they were told.

Thorpe already said on their fb page it's not going, we shall see.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
marc said:
The same site that claimed it was broken for the year but at GF it was open. Yes it broke down but it was open lol.

It's clear it needs a part and it's obvious they could replace it. People put 2 and 2 together and claim they were told.

Thorpe already said on their fb page it's not going, we shall see.

Exactly very well said. If Thorpe said it's not going then hopefully it will stay.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Mushroom said:
Wow, don't hear that much love for Slammer! I like the ride too. When these rumors started flying about it closing, I was like, WTF! Why get rid of such a strange and unique ride. Slammer appreciation society anyone?

I adore Slammer, best flat ride I have been on, (Ok there aren't many) but I love it. A slammer appeciation society sounds like a very very VERY good idea! :lol: :lol: :lol:

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
^Why bring this topic back from the dead, the ride has re-opened, you didn't input in to any news about the rides future, so what was the point.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Ok calm down. They're new here, so...

Just so you know, try not to bump up topics which have been dead for a while, just so save arguments like these ^ and so the more relevant news stays on top. When you're here for longer people will screw if you bump up topics... Or double post.

There ya go. No need to get all "You didn't input" and "What's the point". Hope this helped! :)

(Not trying to mod btw)