What's new

Skyrush closure 2013 | Update page 11

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Skyrush is closed for this season | 2013 UPDATE

Good news everybody!

Skyrush opens TOMORROW (possibly)!

Want to know what is done to help improve this ride? NOTHING! If anything, the loading will be WORSE now since the awesome and wonderfully magical Bag Drops are back! I also believe it was mentioned that the gates were moved back some...so yeah...

I'll be there May 10th cause I got spited from it last year!

TESTING!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCiV-B1b0E[/youtube]

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Skyrush is closed for this season | 2013 UPDATE

Someone forward them my review, please...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Intricks

Strata Poster
Well, it officially opened as of 1pm EST today. The slow down at the top of the lift is a permanent ordeal now.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
WTF! The extra boost over the crest of the lift hill was killer! So glad that so many of us got to ride it that way.
Still think all they needed Intamin to do was design the restraints properly, instead of slowing it down.

Nick P

Mega Poster
I doubt slowing it down will help with the restraint problem enough for the complaints to stop... Now, if we want to get as close as possible to the same experience SkyRush offered last season, the back row will be our only option. :/

Was it Hershey Park or Intamin that came up with this lovely idea? :roll:

_koppen

Hyper Poster
The restraints have been modified again apparenty, with an even softer material.

They still look the same tough.

Nick P

Mega Poster
_koppen said:
The restraints have been modified again apparenty, with an even softer material.

They still look the same tough.

Then why change the speed? That's what I don't understand.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Okay....time to do some damage control.

The lift slows down to about I305 speed now. Those that have ridden say you barely notince a difference to the original speed or airtime

The restraints have NOT been modified since the original modification last year. So same soft padding as last year.

Hershey themselves dont want to trim or put on OTSR restraints, so the lift hill got the axe (by what, 2-3mph roughly?).

The current theory is that the slight change in speed helps relieve some stress (most likely none) on the axles.

All things considered, there is a minimal difference between the lift hill speed change, and this is coming from those that visit the park near 2x weekly and got a ride count into the hundreds alone.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
All things considered - meh. I am sure it is still a world class steel roller coaster, which hopefully has fewer cracks in its wheel assembly now.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Doesn't look that far off the original speed, dunno what some of you are all moaning about.. I'm sure the loss of 2 / 3mph won't do much damage.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Yea. My one friend who rode it yesterday said it is the same intense experience as last year and you really barely register the slowing at the top of the lift.