What's new

Shocking First Rides

Error

Strata Poster
Simply put, rides that had an amazing first impression that blew your mind and weren't expecting.

Mine include at the moment:
Millennium Force
Maverick
Ravine Flyer 2
Shivering Timbers
Goliath
Superman: Ultimate Flight
Georgia Scorcher

Ben

CF Legend
Boulder Dash. Certainly.

Nothing has hit me as quite "WTF... that was... gasp... OMG..." since... since... well, ever.

Snoo

The Legend
^^Agreed.

But I'll break this down.. simply because my eyes had different visions on both sides of the spectrum.

Pre-Enthusiast: Top Thrill Dragster.. not being into it as much as I am now, that launch simply BLEW me away. Such an amazing rush I got from that ride.. it truly launched my enthusiasm into the spotlight for me tbh.

Post-Enthusiast: Boulder Dash.. it honestly blew me away.. much like many of the Brits have said. After having ridden quite a few coasters.. for it to just.. blow my mind like that was unbelievable.

Dave

CF Legend
The Ultimate, did not expect it to be that rough or fast or good or amazing, ever.
Big John told me to expect anything, and it was just insanely good.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Agreed... Never did a ride look so crap, as to be so undeniably awesome...

Mammut at Tripsdrill can also go up there I would say, as well as Winja's Fear...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Furius Baco.

Nothing can really prepare you for that launch. It's so intense.

Ollie

CF Legend
Expedition GeForce
Black Mamba
Winjas Fear
Hollenblitz

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can remember of the top of my head. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Beast at Night
Maverick
Top Thrill Dragster
Drop Tower at KI
Raptor

All of these rides have elements about them that when exposed to for the first time make riders go "OOOOOHHHH EEEMMMMM GGGEEEEEEE!!!!" :lol:

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Millennium Force & Wicked Twister.

I wasn't expecting much from Wicky, but it was awesome!!

I never really thought about Mille. What a shock. That was great!!

I got a bad first impression of Maverick. It had the wost headbanging of any coaster ever. My head was bright red where the straps had battered me. It was like Rita.

After I learned how to ride it, it became amazing. Especially with it being dark and raining. I hope my comment doesn't put anybody off wanting to do Mavvy. You just have to keep control of your head and follow the direction of the track!! It really is nice if you can do that!!

Oh TTD front row aswell, which is amazing. The middle rows feel much like Stealth in slow motion though.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
- Dragon Khan
- Oblivion
- Furius Baco
- Stealth
- The Ultimate
- Jubilee Odyssey
- Tonnerre de Zeus
- Rock n Rollercoaster (DLP)
- Detonator
- Hurakan Condor
- Extremis

Emmett

Giga Poster
Like Dave, The Ultimate really blew me away. Even after seeing the pov and hearing all the stories you are still no prepared for it.

Tonnerre de Zeus, also stood out for me as I was not expecting such an awesome coaster.

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Boardwalk Bullet at Kemah totally blew me away, with how rough, yet fun and exillerating it wwas! The first drop was so much more intense than I imagined, and I walked off in a daze...wow

walker1104

Mega Poster
The Hulk.

The first time I went on that I was completely blown away. The launch and then the Zero G Roll into the drop. It was just amazing.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
My first major coaster was ThunderCoaster. I was afraid of coasters at that time, but I never imagined it would be so intensely violent. I remember praying up the lifthill, and that my legs went like drumsticks the entire second half of the course. I also recall floating up from the seat on several occassions, and literally flying in the last hills.

Bring the monster back, I say. Get GG to retrack it next time.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I'd probably have to say Colossos at Heide Park, it was simply awesome the first time and after I got off, I couldn't stop thinking how amazing it was. I wondered if it could beat my number one coaster, Superman Escape and it comes extremely close!

Brookes

Giga Poster
On a school trip in Year 8 to Paris, we had the fortune of visiting Parc Asterix. Before this I had never been a fan of rides and wouldn't even venture onto something like RMT at Alton. Yet, at Parc Asterix we had gone round, done Trace du Hourra as my first coaster ,was great, and then we got to the corner of the park. We got in the queue for "Tonnerre de Zeus", not having a clue what it was as it was all hidden in the trees. We got in, pulled out of the station and looking up that lift hill blew me away. The speed, force and roughness I experienced on that ride, one of my first ever coasters, then, was amazing. After revisiting it 2 years later, with more experience on coasters, it still threw me about as much as it did them two years ago and still amazed me.