What's new

Shanghai, China | Shanghai Disneyland | Theme Park

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I love Alice in Wonderland and welcome any new attraction with that IP incorporated, but I really wish it was the original version. That said, what I've seen from the maze so far has almost persuaded me otherwise and I can't wait to see the Alice in Wonderland Tokyo attraction develop over the next few years!

Joey said:
Castle seems a bit..... Square? Is it any more so than the others.

I don't think other castles don't have a square-ness to them at all. From ground level it should be a lot less obvious (depending where you're standing.)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
My problem with the castle is that it's essentially on a giant concrete pedestal. There seems to be little to no theming/foliage around the paths leading to the castle base.

Lofty

CF Legend
Just been invited to the soft opening a couple of weeks before opening and I'm ridiculously tempted to go.

Also - the Tron ride is amazing inside, the level of projection effects and lighting is just fantastic, it's just MAMMOTH in size.

peep

CF Legend
Ha, nice. I'm going on the 20th, going to be chaotic but meh, should still have a fab time.

BTW looks like tickets haven't sold out at all, just more website issues. And I wouldn't be surprised if opening day has less tickets than a normal day due to it only be open from the afternoon. Guess the morning is reserved for media stuff.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Its been a while :p Some of my recent favourites:

4c47bec6gw1f2vxgabh48j20qo0zk14y.jpg

4c47bec6gw1f2vxgdvud1j20qo0zk47o.jpg

Whats inside :p

4c47bec6gw1f2u1y4mbwaj20zk0qoqk6.jpg

The stone walls are just too amazing
4c47bec6gw1f2u1xxqi4ej20zk0qogyt.jpg

source

6e45f117jw1f2n3objspdj20ku0rs47r.jpg

Inside the castle you all hate :p

6e45f117jw1f2n3o9qjinj20ku0rs12p.jpg

Not exactly a world away from the signs found in Gavin's trip reports :p

source

shanghai-disneyland-588.jpeg

shanghai-disneyland-531.jpg

12912773_953921594657338_40517920_n.jpg

shanghai-disneyland-590.jpeg

source

[tweet]https://twitter.com/daykota/status/721968324121202688[/tweet]

tweet

theme park university have a large collection of pictures of the onsite nature park if that's anyone's thing.

Lofty

CF Legend
I have some other images of the interior of Tron but can't share them - posting this to piss the Disney geeks off.

It looks great though, the park as a whole is looking fab, I just hope they solve all of the current issues with the park before opening or they're gonna face a big backlash, seen as they've already broke Buzz Lightyear's Planet Rescue.

Ben

CF Legend
I still really like that castle, I dunno what people are chatting about.

I like the fact that it looks like, you know, a castle? Like, you could live in there.

I wanna go ugh. Not straight away obv but when it's functioning properly.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
There's something about the colour scheme of the castle that just doesn't look right to me. It almost looks unfinished - like it all needs to have a final layer of paint or something. I dunno.

Other than that everything looks amazing.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I must say, this looks really good! I really like the castle too. Definitely a thread I regret not following more closely earlier.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ It's not Splash Mountain, just theming for the rapids ride.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Is that actual Bambi theming?! Like a Disney film that I actually care about being included in a Disney park! Now I just need The Aristocrats, Lady and the Tramp and Robin Hood and I'll be booking my tickets.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Their Alice in Wonderland aesthetic is just so perfect
bea2e56cgw1f3ln1pwm5ij20rs0kujwu.jpg

They say the Beast is breathtaking night - Tron will transcend that :p
6aa35845gw1f3lcnbzpd1j20qo0zkq8q.jpg

Splash Mountain looks great!
747e7153gw1f3bkt71q4bj20qo0zkth3.jpg

And so does Roaring Rapids!
41399236gw1f3krapls1qj20hs0dcju6.jpg

Buttress roots used to form the handrails of a bridge - very clever! <3
shanghai-disneyland-684.jpg

Not gonna lie, I much prefer the exterior of the one in Paris...
747e7153gw1f3bkt7wtynj20zk0qo13u.jpg

Does anyone know what type of attraction this is?
41399236gw1f3kraoirafj20qo0zktd5.jpg

6fd669a0gw1f3jo6oq4o5j238h2edkjn.jpg

Tacky but amazing. I want more!
78440a36gw1f3kyr29dkcj20ku0rshbx.jpg