What's new

Shanghai, China | Shanghai Disneyland | Theme Park

nealbie

CF Legend
Yeah, the bit where the ride randomly turns orange for a couple of seconds all so you can see orange wheels in a mirror is turd too.

I'm talking about the bit from 1:19 to 1:22 where a screen shows you racing and then the orange bike crashes and explodes. Those couple of seconds are **** amazing and also a massive slap in the face from Disney. "Oh yeah, we totally did do this, but meh, cba for any more than 3 seconds. Lolz"

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
That bit was good too. Love how it curves under and around the track, but I couldn't really tell what was going on - the screen is a bit grainy (tbf that might be because its not a HQ pov), it goes too fast and it just looks like orange beam doing stuff next to the track for a couple of seconds.

Ben

CF Legend
It's a bit shorter than I thought it'd be and I don't like how going outside breaks up the flow.

But the special effects are **** amazing it looks really cool.

Lofty

CF Legend
They do play on that earlier on though (the large mirror and the bikes changing to red), don't forget, you're also seeing such an acute view of the ride. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more elements that maintain the narrative but you just can't see them due to the angle of the camera.

Lofty

CF Legend
Pirates. That's all I need to say.

I'm more gobsmacked than I thought I would be with the finished product.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Re: Pooh & Pan
I think they look great - Especially Peter's Pans Flight. I thought they were going to use different track systems (like Pirates), but PPF has clearly outdone it's counterparts. Pooh is't on that level, but looks nicer than the other tracked versions out there. Why couldn't they have got a Hunny Hunt clone :'(

Re: Pirates
If you've seen they instagram videos I posted earlier (there was 5 then) watch this http://www.weibo.com/p/230444bdc3df5f5666810f28fb5dde20c37208
from 2:00 as this leaves off from there (the picture isn't as good however). I also don't know if there is part of the ride left afterwards.

But Jesus Christ it looks so fantastic, I was worried it was just going to be just a modern PotC with the new film characters and and interesting ride system, but it's literally the "Amazing Adventures Of Spiderman" of water rides. The animatronics are incredible (especially Davy Jones) and I bet the screens look unbelievable in real life.

More pics that I love:
Disney beating Legoland at its own game <3
ckvXCQw.jpg

Soarin(g) entrance and sparkly ceiling in the queue line
7ywJpEb.jpg

005BclpYgw1f3of0ekjoqj33402c0u0y.jpg

Roaring Rapids isn't open yet :(
XKG9fVg.jpg

Explorer Canoes
jneuXtm.jpg

Treasure Cove Entrance
4wob9bq.jpg

Barbossa's Bounty
XuTxssr.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean pics
470bf257gw1f3p7plgzi7j20p00gon1d.jpg

PEI4YWn.jpg

UQsfgXi.jpg

u5nY3pX.jpg

837328bdjw1f3ov03tclij218g18g1hr.jpg

a8fc41d2gw1f3ofhk60sjj20qo0zkak8.jpg

The Alice In Wonderland Maze + some of the steampunk animals you can find within
aEaEDw6.jpg

QDHcLJt.jpg

3bd0ba72gw1f3ofpes7erj21kw1kwhdv.jpg

ea98306cgw1f3p5rzem9tj20qo0zkjxm.jpg

6f5cd2c0gw1f3obvviy6ej20zk0qodr3.jpg

CiABOMIUkAEBkk0.jpg

QOvGJwP.jpg

yklmi37.jpg

RJflRVf.jpg

Seven Dwarf's Mine Train
CiARYj2U4AAJoeX.jpg

ksAJPG6.jpg

From the 2 Winnie The Pooh Rides
NA9wk12.jpg

ex5LhqO.jpg

Peter Pan entrance
1rYXa8C.jpg

Voyage To The Crystal Grotto
Eq8mLOh.jpg

Keep clicking the +magnification in the top lefthand corner until it comes up big on your screen
qsYFa70.jpg

CiAUQIQUgAA_zUD.jpg

OBJ9tGn.jpg

A few murals
5ysOPcm.jpg

a524de6bgw1f3p51ef4d5j20u215owwo.jpg

A much better version of the Buzz Lightyear shooter that we're used to. This one's tagline is 'Planet rescue'
e5gCNLb.jpg

MlfejPG.jpg

006pnITAgw1f3oydq76u6j30qo0zkajk.jpg

Jet Packs
RrvkZmo.jpg

Tron
lSX0GKH.jpg

006pnITAgw1f3oydn2zpxj30qo0zk79t.jpg

Some pics of Tomorrowland make it look like a modern city centre shopping area :(
xHETanT.jpg

Gardens of the Twelve Friends
CiAQGZyUgAA0SQx.jpg

Proffesional pictures of the park. Credit: goo.gl/pX03EB
e0q3Pgo.jpg

r4ajVFS.jpg

9aF2vH9.jpg

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
You can see a lot more in that video! I really didn't think anything would outdo Tron, but I'm willing to change my mind after seeing that!

There's a 90 minute video of the park. I can't watch it because I haven't got the time. :( but it walks through many places in the park, shows various POVs, walkthroughs and shows.
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UtPnkoRc9g[/youtubevid]

6b353705gw1f3paribxs9j20qo142k09.jpg

6b353705gw1f3pd9grpxkj20v90ku0xs.jpg

CiKEv0BUUAEfBwK.jpg

6cf71f13gw1f3rk2es0ibj23402c0qv6.jpg

6cf71f13gw1f3rk2n1qoxj23402c0x6r.jpg

6b353705gw1f3o2cfer20j20qo0zktcs.jpg

6b353705gw1f3o2bm41vkj20qo0zkwij.jpg

There are also one of Snow White, Cinderella, Tiana, Anna/Elsa, Rapunzel, Merida, Ariel, Jasmine, Mulan and Pocohontas - I can post them, just didn't want to clog up the thread anymore :p

80f6089ejw1f3raq89go8j20xc0m8qfa.jpg

80f6089ejw1f3raq9wbe4j20xc0kitgp.jpg

CiKRbD6UUAESu5O.jpg

CiKLiMcUYAAdSkM.jpg

This is an unfinished area inside the castle.
CiKHkpKU4AQvXy_.jpg

CiKG4TaU4AAZEXp.jpg

CiIL0XXUgAA7qIN.jpg

CiIKfSOUoAA4901.jpg

CiG1O20UYAEojDu.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Sorry to step on anybody's toes, but I've just restickied this since the park isn't actually open yet, and there's craploads of stuff coming out from the previews now. It doesn't seem right to have it fall below topics which have had no input for months.

I'm still really wrestling with whether to try and get here before I head back to the UK in the summer. The more I see, the more I just want to go. I haven't watched / won't watch any videos yet, but from the pictures it's looking fab. I know it will be heaving, but that's likely to be the case for a very long time.

However, I hadn't thought before about single rider and fast pass lines.

Single Rider

Roaring Rapids
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Tron
Pirates of the Caribbean

That's a very good line-up for single rider. Even on very busy days, HKDL's single rider lines are next to empty, and their customer base is 80% Chinese (if you include HK Chinese in there). They just don't visit parks alone or would consider splitting up for the most part.

Fastpass

Roaring Rapids (no need with single rider)
Soaring over the Horizon
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan's Flight
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (no need)
Buzz Lightyear
Tron (no need)

I've got using a combination of single rider and fastpass down to a fine art - I was at the California parks on very busy days during the summer and had no problem getting loads of rerides in on stuff that had up to 3-hour queues at some point.

I'm thinking that this is actually very, very doable.

Ben

CF Legend
omfg Pirates.

Like, **** hell.

That is SO **** COOL.

That, omg, that Jack effect I'm in love.

I. Want. It.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Pink Panther said:
It's great they've built a large dedicated space to watch the shows, but it does have the unfortunate side-effect of looking like a giant queue-line!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Booked! July 1st and 2nd.

July 1st is a Friday, a public holiday in Hong Kong, but not China, so should be a bit quieter than the Saturday.

Yay!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I've now watched the 90 mintute video:
Somethings that were new to me were the cave the Alice In Wonderland maze with the cool Cheshire Cat screen thing at 32 minutes, the weird Snow White sets + CGI walkthrough inside the castle at 1hour 21 mins and the 'flat trees' in Tomorrowland at 1:08:40 really fascinated me. I'm over the moon about The Voyage To The Crystal Grotto (at 39:30). It's not a new concept (it's basically the modern day Storybook Land Canal Boats), but still, inside and outside I was wowed! Mrs Potts was fab! :p