What's new

Shamu kills trainer at Seaworld Orlando

scw55

Hyper Poster
Ok. If I was working as a plumber, and I cut my arm off and die from blood loss. I was loving the plumbing work, but not so much with the whole bleeding out.

Ben

CF Legend
What, no xD

It's more like if you worked as a trapeze artist and then fell to your death.

It is a job with dangerous animals so it comes with a certain level of danger - it's really not the same as being a plumber haha.

mouse

Giga Poster
Still, I doubt 'must be able to handle stressful situations such as being ripped apart by a killer whale' was in the job description.

Ben

CF Legend
Well no but it's a bit like when that Red Arrow pilot died - I'm sure the plane exploding wasn't in the job description for that either but there's a definite element of it coming with the territory.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
But "must be able to handle stressful situations such as being ripped apart by Ben" isn't part of the sign up for CF, but you need to expect it to happen at some point ;)

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

mouse

Giga Poster
^^ Had this topic been about a red arrows pilot I'd have made the same joke :p.

I think scw55's point is that the whole 'died doing what she loved' thing doesn't make sense, as she died being ripped apart by a killer whale - which I'm guessing wasn't something she loved. However the risk is always there and is part of the overall job she clearly did love.