What's new

SFMM 2011 - 3 new coasters including a ZacSpin!

Linus

Mega Poster
Well he always jokes about losing power throughout parts of the park...but I don't actually know if he's joking.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Nic said:
Is it that they don't have enough power.... or just that they can't justify the expense of using that much?

Well... Considering how big the trains are, how many magnets each track ha,s and how fast they have to accelerate/decelerate, I'd say the power consumption would be pretty big.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Superman red part of the paint job has begun.

2010_1107_SupermanPaint.jpg

Edit: better pic

sfmm_1.jpg

RCF

Strata Poster
Yeah because they'll probably spend the rest of winter getting the cars and mechanisms juiced up and ready to go.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^That too. They also probably have to do a lot of system checks with the new cars as well. I have to say, I'm jazzed about getting to ride it backwards, but am bummed I won't get to ride it forwards again :(

Xpress

Strata Poster
Newtrek5 said:
Xpress said:
^Go on...

In other news, Superman's paint job has been progressing along nicely, it looks like:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 124&ref=nf

Superman will run both sides backwards for the first few months, and then one side will be turned around to offer both experiences.

Somehow I don't think you're right there. They're not going to drop a bundle of cash on trains designed to run in reverse, just then to toss that expensive car into the storage room of no return to swap it with the old car.

Linus

Mega Poster
"After the ride operates for a few months, one of the cars on the twin tracks will be turned around to run forward, allowing riders to choose between both options, amusement park officials said."

Okay Xpress and I were owned.

But let's see if that actually works out shall we.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster
^ In all fairness it doesn't really matter to me either way. But he did mention that he had hoped to ride Superman forwards again. There is at least a good possibility of that happening (with otsr of course).