What's new

SFFT | Wonder Woman Golden Lasso | RMC Raptor

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Breaking Wonder Woman into her own thread as we have some more content to share on the ride's development.

Ride stats:
Length 1,800 ft
Height 113 ft
Drop 100 ft
Inversions 3
Speed 52 mph
Vertical Angle 90°
There are some nice theme renderings for the ride as well - a fun juxtaposition versus CGA's RMC Raptor.

db_2017_1114_WonderWomanTheming11.jpg

db_2017_1114_WonderWomanTheming21.jpg

USA Today also has a fun 360 VR video, which you can view in Edge, Opera, or Chrome: https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...s-single-rail-wonder-woman-coaster/534583001/

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
C'mon, Matt! You slacker!

But since there's a thread for this now...Screamscape posted a construction photo (courtesy of the park if I'm reading Lance's update correctly) showcasing the progress of the supports:

db_2017_1114_WonderWomanTheming31.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Don't blame me for Six Flags doing a blanket announcement of rides and not providing enough content to supplement each individual attraction as thread. :p

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That queue actually looks really nice.

Quite excited to see this go up. Should be interesting to see how this compares with RB

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This will really round out the SFFT skyline nicely. I have always been a fan of the color choices in this park; lots of great Latin American colors.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Superman Krypton's supports actually help as a reference to show how small the Raptor track is. I'm quite intrigued to see a coaster with such a narrow track perform really agressive elements.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Because of the small size of the track, that drop looks a lot bigger than it is!

Indeed! As you scroll down, it looks impossibly tall and steep... and then you see the guy next to it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That drop looks unbelievable!

Also I want to point out that the piece of track for the final curve is still being held by a wooden 2x4.

Pear

Strata Poster
Only thing that really bothers me about this ride is that it's so close to the quarry wall yet they didn't try for any interaction with it.