What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
^I could but it doesn't look as good in NL otherwise. If I just use the material function in Wings it won't look as realistic either. I used it for the windows and lights though to make them slightly see-through. :)

Well i think its as good as it can get i mean you even sed its not gonna be 100% perfect no-one can get it perfect and the police car looks fine to me (and by the way did you read the thing about the dead body in barbed wire) :wink:

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah I did. I know it's there but I've chosen not to put it my recreation. Bodies and barbed wire are very hard to make in Wings and the effort I'd have to go into to make them wouldn't be enough for the few people who'd see it.
Anyway I'm slowly importing everything into the Editor. Probably won't bother putting a roof over the top with all the vents and stuff as the ride sections are covered and getting it the right size would be a pain. Also need to sort landscaping and supports out an tweak some of the track.

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
^Yeah I did. I know it's there but I've chosen not to put it my recreation. Bodies and barbed wire are very hard to make in Wings and the effort I'd have to go into to make them wouldn't be enough for the few people who'd see it.
Anyway I'm slowly importing everything into the Editor. Probably won't bother putting a roof over the top with all the vents and stuff as the ride sections are covered and getting it the right size would be a pain. Also need to sort landscaping and supports out an tweak some of the track.

Well you do what you think is best i mean every deatail isnt important (by the way not to be such a pain) what about the test seat is that something that wont be added in

A

Anonymous

A little top tip for you, if you are having trouble to get all the scenery objects to scale in the editor, then add a temporary cube (or other object) to each object and use that one to get the scaling correct, after you have scaled all the objects so that they fit, just remove the cube from wings and export the file again :)

A

Anonymous

SAW: Ride Recreation

Ollie just to ask you, how much % would you say is completed and will it be avalible for download (and will it be find the clues to get download cos i hate them)

A

Anonymous

recreation

Ollie I have to ask, will this coaster have sound effect like billys speech and "GAME...OVER" in it or will it not?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^It could be done, in theory, to add sound to a NoLimits ride, but that involves playing an audio file separately from the game (preferrably an iPod or other MP3 player) which you have to start manually when the ride begins. The game itself does not support extra sound effects.

So in short, unless he bothers making one, don't expect it.

A

Anonymous

NEW HORROR MAZE FOR THE 2010 SEASON (March - November)

Guys,
I've just found out that a new maze is coming for the whole 2010 season!

SAW THE RIDE ALIVE!!: Horror Maze
This maze will be there for the whole season (including fright nights where it will be called, SAW ALIVE: Horror Maze BECOMES EVEN MORE ALIVE)

This maze will be around the saw the ride area. (or not so dont take my word for it.

NEED PROOF GO TO THIS WEBSITE:
http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/2 ... ALIVE-2010

Slash

Giga Poster
THATS GREAT!!!

Totally not what the topic is about. This is an NL thread. Your post has nothing to do with this.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^I'd appreciate it if you kept that in the appropriate topic as this is about my coaster I'm making.
ThorpeParkCrazy! said:
Ollie just to ask you, how much % would you say is completed and will it be avalible for download (and will it be find the clues to get download cos i hate them)
No idea as a percentage but I'd guess about 75-80%. But even after that I have to test it and fix errors. There will be a download for all those with NoLimits. There won't be any "games" this time you'll be pleased to know. Last time was just us (Leighton helped me with my last one) trying to do something different and make it a bit more fun but people disagreed so this will just be a Youtube video and a download link.

As for sound effects the video will have all the sound effects and audio. I'm even going to try and add lighting but that requires extra work on After Effects. With the download there won't be anything but the ride and scenery. You can't get audio to play in NL (like Poke has already explained). Also the 3D's will look really bright in the sim and won't be dark at all. There's nothing I can do about this. Riding it at night might make it look slightly better.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What about making a custom environment for the ride? I think Xpress, CCJared or Crazycoaster could help you with this. As far as I know, this allows you to change the lightning on objects, making it more realistic.

Or, inside the building, you could try to make 3D "darkness". I've seen it on some coasters, and I admit I'm not sure about the technique used, but I think all you need is a lot of semi-transparent dark panels placed after each other, so that it looks like the track in front of you disappears into the dark. See Crazycoaster's Xibalba, for instance.

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
I'm even going to try and add lighting but that requires extra work on After Effects. With the download there won't be anything but the ride and scenery. You can't get audio to play in NL (like Poke has already explained). Also the 3D's will look really bright in the sim and won't be dark at all. There's nothing I can do about this. Riding it at night might make it look slightly better.

Well dont try anything thats to hard i mean i tried to do a mini recreation and the building is just to hard for me to do hehe :--D

A

Anonymous

Recreation Ollies

Ollie i have to ask this, when you launch the cars will 2 be launched at once or just one, if you dont know what i mean it's like when one car will go straight past jigsaw and one stops will this happen?

Ollie

CF Legend
I haven't as of yet but my brother fiddled with my old copy of it and managed to do it somehow so when it's done before I release it I'll shove it in front of him and get him to do it again. :p

No updates at the moment. Haven't had time to go on it lately as it's quite tiring to do. Also I don't know how many of you I've told but this isn't going to be a 100% 'exact scale recreation' of course I've tried my best to get it as near as I can but don't expect everything to be exactly right like the real thing like track length or banking as you all know how hard it is to do a recreation of a ride.
I think I've told most of you but just in case you've missed it as I don't want crappy comments when it's released moaning that a corner is 3 degrees off or a certain bit of track is too short.

I'll try and get some more done soon though. :)

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
I haven't as of yet but my brother fiddled with my old copy of it and managed to do it somehow so when it's done before I release it I'll shove it in front of him and get him to do it again. :p

No updates at the moment. Haven't had time to go on it lately as it's quite tiring to do. Also I don't know how many of you I've told but this isn't going to be a 100% 'exact scale recreation' of course I've tried my best to get it as near as I can but don't expect everything to be exactly right like the real thing like track length or banking as you all know how hard it is to do a recreation of a ride.
I think I've told most of you but just in case you've missed it as I don't want crappy comments when it's released moaning that a corner is 3 degrees off or a certain bit of track is too short.

I'll try and get some more done soon though. :)

Ollie i know hehe :lol: but also whatever happens when it comes out it will be good enough for me

Ollie

CF Legend
Sadly not. College is priority at the moment so I don't have much time to work on this anymore. It's slowly coming together though but still got quite a bit to do. When starting it I never knew it would take this long. :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
Only a small update. Been working on the Plaza a bit more an putting it together. Here are a couple of screens from two different times of day. Not sure why some of the textures are missing from the police car in the sim but I'll look into that.
Saw25.png

Saw26.png

As you can see it's still looking pretty empty. Also I've realised that the store looks a bit small at the moment so will have to enlarge it a bit more.

Ollie

CF Legend
Thinking of maybe giving this up now. It seems karma doesn't want me to finish it. So many errors and problems are occurring. NoLimits keeps crashing. Track Packager won't let me put it together, Wings keeps slowing down, and textures keep disappearing.
Am trying to sort it out but if I can't sort it out then I'll have to put the project on hold until I get a new PC (have no idea if I will or when) with better software.
Sorry to disappoint it's really pissing me off. Hopefully I can fix it. I've got Loefet helping me as well.