What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

A

Anonymous

Have you tried to reinstall Wings?
Tried a newer version or even go back to an earlier one?

Or if you want I can have a look at the objects myself and see if I can figure out what's wrong, hit me up on MSN sometime...

A

Anonymous

I could try with just the object, but it can be something with the textures, then I would need everything but the track.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm sorry that there hasn't been an update for almost a month now. Now that college has started again I've got less time to work on it.
Also next time you see me on MSN Loefet message me and I'll send the files over. As soon as that's sorted I can continue working on it.

Ollie

CF Legend
The ending of the project is hard. It's got boring now as I've got to make plain stuff. I also have to try and line things up in the editor which I swear ain't going to happen perfectly. I'll probably have to release two versions. One with the queue included but with it sticking out. And another with just the station building.
Also I have no idea how to make a police car on wings. :lol:
Fear not though. I will finish the ride...eventually. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
The fuzz have arrived. Big thanks to Loefet for helping make it as I was struggling getting the right shape for the car. Anyway hope you enjoy your first proper update in over a month. :lol:
Saw95.jpg

Please note that I may change the textures still.

jokerman

Giga Poster
That's immense. It looks so good.

Especially good since that is the only good piece of theming on the entire ride.

Slash

Giga Poster
Was looking at your overbank, it looks almost TOO overbanked, take off some degrees me thinks :D Otherwise looking absolutely brilliant Ollie. Hope its smooth an all.

Ollie

CF Legend
Slash said:
Was looking at your overbank, it looks almost TOO overbanked, take off some degrees me thinks
It seems about right. I don't have the exact angle is banked at so had to guess but when riding it seems the same as when you're riding the real one.
Hope its smooth an all.
This is Saw we're talking about. ;)
*Actually I find it really smooth but others think otherwise so I put the joke in there for them* :p

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
Slash said:
Was looking at your overbank, it looks almost TOO overbanked, take off some degrees me thinks
It seems about right. I don't have the exact angle is banked at so had to guess but when riding it seems the same as when you're riding the real one.
Hope its smooth an all.
This is Saw we're talking about. ;)
*Actually I find it really smooth but others think otherwise so I put the joke in there for them* :p

If you ride it a fright nights its actually really smoot lol i love this ride now :p

A

Anonymous

SAW: Ride Recreation

:p Hey Ollie hows the recreation going, i've been looking at it so far and it looks amazing, any chance if were going to get a sneak preview (any better?))

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Can you also use proper sentence structure please? It's part of the forum rules. ;)

OOoo, looking schweeet ollie :D

A

Anonymous

SAW: Ride Recreation

Ollie I went to fright night yesterday and inside that window to the left as you go into the station platform has barbwire and a dead body indside i don't know if you've already added this in but just telling you just in case :--D

hope this helps

Gazza

Giga Poster
Ollie, just a suggestion when capturing videos in NL. It automatically records at whatever resolution you run the game at...If your screen is at 1920*1080 for instance thats obviously going to result in some massive files. The solution is just to run the game at a lower resolution when recording. In game, everything will look pixelated, but the resulting video will be fine.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm... I'm not going to pretend to be a 3D modelling expert, but is it really necessary to use textures on all faces of the police car? Wouldn't it be better to use the Material function in Wings on every face, and add things such as the "POLICE" text, label and headlights as otherwise transparent textures on top of them? Alpha channels? Could potentially save some kilobytes.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I could but it doesn't look as good in NL otherwise. If I just use the material function in Wings it won't look as realistic either. I used it for the windows and lights though to make them slightly see-through. :)