What's new

S&S launched coaster for Happy Valley Shenzhen

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Ben said:
The one in Beijing was AWESOME, but, jolted a LOT on some of the transitions. This one's twistier and more complicated, are these jolts why they're redoing so much of the trackwork?

When we were there, the person I was there with had all the credits already so he spoke to the S&S rep supervising the modifications while is was riding.

They were raising whole sections by millimeters. Somehow that was supposed to be reducing g-force problems.
<shrug

Ben

CF Legend
OK, I could see it being too intense, the one in Beijing was absolutely crazy intense (did you go up that way?)

They're raising a LOT of it though, almost all the track had some track being redone.

Silly S&S.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^No Beijing this time. All of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou, then a side trip to US-J and Vancouver Playland.

HZGarfield

Roller Poster
NOW OPEN!Since 7-28,2012
ZnlBu.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster
Finally, that's about time! I've been looking forward to this ride for a long time. Hope to hear some ride reviews soon to see if it's as good as it looks :)

bmac

Giga Poster
Neat looking coaster, especially with the top hat and the dive under the water right after. Isn't there a direct copy of this being built in another park?

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: S&S launched coaster for Happy Valley Shenzhen

Finally... Now the start of all the stalking on YouTube for videos...