What's new

Rumor: Hollywood Studios gets Green Light for Cars Land

marc

CF Legend
So it's happening then according to the latest stories.

Cars Land is being build and replacing light camera action and that whole area.

Muppets is going and that area will be Monsters Inc.

Star Wars is being expanded and the restaurant near it going.

There is more to follow.
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/

marc

CF Legend
I'm sort of mixed on it tbh.

It's like my least favourite Pixar films in one park lol. But at least they are in the park where they belong.

Am sure they will do a good job though and really hope they build the Monsters Inc coaster.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
NO DON'T GET RID OF MUPPETS 3-D. IT'S THE LAST **** THING HENSON WORKED ON. Also carsland without RSR seems like a giant waste. Monsters Inc is eh but without a door coaster get the **** out of my MGM studios.

marc

CF Legend
Muppets 3d has had it's day though, we don't even bother with it now.

And yes cars land without all the town is a waste but gives you reason to go to California :).

Looks like the report has been removed now.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^yeah. It was gone when I looked earlier. Could it have just been a copy of the same rumors from months ago?

As for Muppets I make it a point to go. It's the legacy of Jim Henson to me. The last thing he ever worked on and I want it to stay around.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Youngster Joey said:
As for Muppets I make it a point to go. It's the legacy of Jim Henson to me. The last thing he ever worked on and I want it to stay around.

It's not only a legacy but a good show. I usually see it when I go to DHS or DCA. I enjoy it, and it usually brings in a crowd. I don't see it leaving.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So without Radiator Spring Racers and the town, what will it even have? All I've heard is the maintenance nightmare of the Luigi's thing as well as Tow Mater's Jamboree. Maybe we will be lucky and get Cars 3 announced with this too!

At least it isn't anything Brave.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^cars is just as bad. Also we've heard they would announce next week a couple if times before, so ill believe it when it's announced

marc

CF Legend
It all sounds a bit of a quick fix tbh.

The Star Wars thing we sort of all knew would happen, but no one knows what they are getting but it sounds like just the restaurant from A New Hope and no new rides.

More stories are saying the Monsters Inc ride will just be the one from California.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
No Radiator Spring's racers?! This really isn't anything to get excited about, AGAIN. I know I come across as a Disney hater a lot of the time but they really aren't showing much. If Monster Inc is just the same as the California then thats just lazy. Fine, they're adding to the worst park in the Disney World Resort, but c'mon, look at Universal. I pray for a new Star Wars ride (phreaps linked with the upcoming films) but I got a feeling it'll be a Mos Eisly Canteen serving E-Ticket food as they'd call it. The canteen is great but it's not enough really.

Disney is usually going to come out top in profit and popularity, etc... But as I've personally said, they're loosing the magic. Sure it'll freshen up the place but it really isn't as exciting as other upcoming projects in different parks. I actually wish Disney would do a dark ride that thrashed Harry Potter and Spidey, becomes legendary (much like the Haunted Mansion) and really is something to be proud of. So me personally, I'm not as eager to go to Disney than I am going Universal.

marc

CF Legend
The racers is the ride that will be built its just the town that won't be, not sure why people keep saying the ride is not included.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
Disney is usually going to come out top in profit and popularity, etc... But as I've personally said, they're loosing the magic. Sure it'll freshen up the place but it really isn't as exciting as other upcoming projects in different parks. I actually wish Disney would do a dark ride that thrashed Harry Potter and Spidey, becomes legendary (much like the Haunted Mansion) and really is something to be proud of. So me personally, I'm not as eager to go to Disney than I am going Universal.

This statement I can't disagree with more. Maybe to you and I they are, but to their target, which is families with young children, they are still so high above anything else it isn't close. The destination that is Walt Disney World alone keeps people coming, and always will, regardless of how **** additions may be. As long as the mouse is there, it sells.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Isn't Test Track there as well or is that EPCOT?

marc

CF Legend
^The plans I saw had the racers included, did not know there was a story on screamscape as well.

Think you just edited your post.

And the link I posted has changed 4 times since I posted it. This sort of means they don't know the plans. Youngster Joey can back me up on that one.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Yeah. I'd expect some sort of Pixar place expansion, but with all the rumors delaying in the last year since cars land opened I won't believe anything until its official, bit ill still share opinions

Martyn B

CF Legend
So it's basically going to be a bigger/better version of the Toon Studio at WDS. Cant complain at that really.

And anyway, Tramp Tour and Muppets 3D are both ****.

marc

CF Legend
What I don't understand is why they are removing things, surly there is enough space to expand the park?

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I'm not sure about space. As far I remember from my trip there 4 years ago, the park already seemed very compact. But considering how big the whole resort is, I'm quite surprised too. Although, as said, both of those attractions wern't the greatest and I suppose if they're not popular then they're a waste of money being open. Muppets 3D was ok-ish but I did love the area and I think they should still be around some how.