What's new

Roughest/Worst coaster you've ridden?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
oriolat2 said:
nemesisfan45 said:
Furous Baco is surely the worst.

I'd love to know why it's so poor, does it get progressively worse?

Speaking of which, today this signs have been spotted in the waiting area for Furius Baco.

th720_b74d1e98c2c6de0191aa1b83747efa47.jpg

Apparently, along with these signs admitting the ride is more than just "intense" in the outer seats, the outer seats from rows 1, 5 and 6 are shut until further notice...

Pretty rough time for Furius Baco, right? :lol:

Woohoo!! This means some major modifications are pretty damn likely (they certainly would be if I was in charge)! Come on PA, get some new redesigned trains!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
spicy said:
^ PA have Kumbak's number, they could create some new Baco trains :wink:

Noooooooooooo :lol: :lol:

Seriously I'll be so happy if PA fix Baco, its a crime how much potential is currently being wasted ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

jackdude101

Roller Poster
Using a combination of data sets based on the roller coaster's age and maximum speed, I have determined that the roughest roller coaster in the world is the Coney Island Cyclone in Brooklyn, New York. When one of the roller coaster's turns has a popular nickname like "Coney Island Grand Slam," you know it's going to be a rough one.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Stampida - Gave me headaches every time I rode it which was 4 times in 7 days, needs to have the RMC treatment or put Topper Track on to make it smoother.

Son Of Beast - It was a vibrating hell with my hands numb as the train hit the brake run. But still an amazing woodie in its short life.

CoastinBear

Roller Poster
Son of Beast for me. I only rode it twice (in it's opening season), the second time was just to confirm how much I disliked it.

The vibration going down the first drop really jarred my back, and the double (ish) helix did things to my neck vertebrae that I couldn't quite believe; the impacts were causing bright flashes of light seemingly behind my eyes - literally "seeing stars".

The loop was the only smooth part of the ride - loved that bit.

I once spent two full days riding The Ultimate for charity. Best part of 200 miles over the weekend. That was fun...

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Twisted Typhoon, Wild Adventures- only SLC I have been on, but man I hated this thing.

Timberwolf, Worlds of Fun- I ride this maybe once a year, and I hate it. I think they may have retracked it recently, but the last time I rode it, it was painfully rough. Not to mention this is always down for maintenance.

Ninja, SFOG- Why. Just why. Awful, awful, **** this ride.

Ninja, SFSTL- See above^

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Robin Hood in Walibi Holland. I always make the mistake of going onto it again because the entire group likes it, but that one is the worst for me!
Same as Bandit in Movie Park Germany. The ride was amazing and smooth while is was still known as Wild Wild West, but last season is was awful to ride, despite the improvements the park made. DX

Um, Boardwalk Bullet is in my top ten. Not sure if we rode the same coaster if you're saying it was the worst one you've been on.

La Vibora was pretty bad and it was m y 400th cred. I think my chest cavity collapsed getting smushed against the restraint. Stampida would get my second pick. Almost considered not riding the second side for the cred, but in the end I did.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I liked Baco when I rode it, but there is no doubting that it is rough and intense in the outside seats. I dunno if those two things are related or not.

But restraints matter and Baco's don't actually affect me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
OK, so I've combed through three different threads asking people for their roughest coasters (this is the most recent one I could find), and I was surprised to see only one person mention the Zamperla Volares. Don't people here find them the roughest -- or one of the roughest? I mean, I still kind of enjoy them in a can't-believe-this sort of way, but they feel like being put in a metal cage, which is then hit with baseball bats and thrown over a cliff.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'd have to say Thunderhawk at MI Adventure.
While I've heard there's much rougher SLCs, this one was pretty bad compared to the other coasters I've ridden.

Will

Strata Poster
I like these threads, but class them separately, as roughness doesn't always equate to dreadfulness (things like the Ultimate and Tornado are fab, and I'd be shot at dawn for calling Grand National or Big Dipper awful)

My least favourite coaster is Coaster Express in Madrid. I didn't find it particularly rough, especially by comparison to Bandit, but it's... vibratey. It's also incredibly boring, unless you like low-speed banked turns.

There are three types of ride that I'd call out for their roughness - Vekoma SLCs, Pinfari looping coasters and Zamperla Volares. Out of the three, I can't pick a winner, so it'll have to be a fight to the death between Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland and Looping Star at Codona's Amusements.

Will

Strata Poster
Sure, Goudirix is unpleasant, but I think it gets exaggerated sometimes.

Also, when I mentioned this topic to my brother, he reminded me that King Solomon's Mines at Southport used to exist. Definitely worth a mention; I expected similar to Blackpool's brilliant Wild Mouse - but no, it was purest evil.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I actually have a new one! This horrendous thing:

20429662_1761709057191447_3693480877396176475_n.jpg

Arsehole Pony, as I call it. At Mt. Olympus, park that simply does not know how to prioritize where they spend their money, it's pretty obvious that this ride hasn't been maintained in a while. However, the three full-sized coasters there aren't nearly as bad as this abomination. It spends the entire ride layout just knocking you around and shattering your spine, I wasn't convinced the structure would just collapse under us. And at the end, there's this turn, a very memorable turn. Oh, this turn. There's no way it's under 2 Gs lateral, you can actually feel the upstops hitting the top of the track on one side to keep the train from flipping and pulling a Paul Walker it turns so abruptly. I literally felt it in my neck for a good hour after riding it, and that was even with some of the strongest bracing I've ever done on a coaster to handle that turn. I could tell it was offensive watching it, I prepared to be offended, and still it offended me more than I expected. I walked off actually mad at this machine for the way it violated me, it's practically mechanical assault and battery. Greek things that are less painful include a session chilling in the Brazen Bull and biting right into a kalamata olive not knowing it still has the pit in it. Don't RMC it, don't bulldoze it, burn it. Burn it to ensure that it can never be rebuilt and cause more pain.