What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

A

Anonymous

I get the black square too, I didn't used to, but I do with the latest Steelworx update.

I've found the best way to get rid of them is to place them underground, so that it always gets the support and removes the shadow. And often I just place some huge scenery item underground to take out loads of supports in one go.

However, I'm not sure whether or not that slows down the game more than using support killers at ground level...

Rush

Giga Poster
Where do you get the Steelworx Wild! update? Is that link the update already, or is there another page, because my Steelworx make RCT3 shut down.

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
jonnyrocks said:
Hmmm, whenever I use the support killers I get a horrible black square, and when placed next to another one, has a gap between, as usually I have to use more than one to get rid of the support. is there something I'm doing wrong?

Your not doing anything wrong, it's natural. I find it best just to add some trees around the place to get natural shadow to mask it.

pinkpanther said:
Where do you get the Steelworx Wild! update? Is that link the update already, or is there another page, because my Steelworx make RCT3 shut down.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=477830

I think that's what your looking for. Do the Auto Installer, that's what I did and it works fine :D

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I used to always play RCT3. I have the expansion pack soaked. But the game was not running a bit slow, especially at night in the games. I decided to uninstall soaked to try and make the game run better but then I could'nt use RCT3.

I uninstalled it and installed it about 100 times and when I go into it the screen stays black and this error screen comes up. I have tried deleting files that may be still on the computer but I always find more.

Does anyone have this problem. Does anyone know a way to clear ALL RCT3 files from the computer.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Thanks, I got the game back on, finally.

Soaked wouldn't slow down your computer, it speeds it up for most people

So if you have Wild and Soaked, it improves game play and speed. I found that with the Sims 2 when I put on the second expansion pack it loaded 10 times faster than before, is that the same as this?

I am planning on getting Wild very soon, is it worth it?

I have to try and get Soaked back on the computer now.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
^ Depends on who you ask..honestly.

It improves for some, and doesnt improve for others.

I personally like wild though, it adds a lot of cool stuff that you might want. The dino theme is nice.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Anyone know where to find Shys Catfish Cove set? I installed it and I can't seem to find it anywhere. You would think that it would be with the other Shy sets. All the other ones work. Help?

-CPFreak-

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
After I do the [CTRL][Shift][F11] thing for a video it does it and i can find it on my computer but it doesn't have a application with it so it doesn't work. When i try to put it with quicktime it says it can't do it so I was wondering how to make it so i can watch the video.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It should just play in Windows Media Player as it's a standard WMV file. If you want to edit it, then you need to find Windows Movie Maker. That will play it as well.

It sounds like another package you've installed has taken over Media Player as your default, only it's not working properly. Media Player is the simplest way of playing it (note: I said simplest, not particularly the best).

Lauz

Roller Poster
On RCT2 you can hold down the CTRL button to place a scenery piece (Roofing in my case) in the unit beside it, without having to do every unit one by one.

Is there a way of doing this on RCT3?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Just onto sommat else, it's probably been covered but there's 15 pages for heaven's sake...

But I'm trying to make a G-Force at DMP style ride with the inverting hill, is that actually possible with the Extended Coaster or not? As I can't see it...

peep

CF Legend
^Not that I know of, I've tried finding out myself as that would be interesting to create. I think I just made mine a launched coaster in the end lol.

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
Yeah the best way with that is to do a launch lift hill, then a loop or whatever inversion you want.

Lauz, yes there is. But I find it stupid and annoying, building in RCT3 is a bitch for me anyway. I'd just stick to manual raising/lowering in it. If anyone else knows how it works properly then you can help me out too :lol:

Louis!

Mega Poster
Custom Paths?

It seems a lot of parks have custom paths now. Or is it just me being daft?

Could someone perhaps link me to them?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lauz said:
On RCT2 you can hold down the CTRL button to place a scenery piece (Roofing in my case) in the unit beside it, without having to do every unit one by one.

Is there a way of doing this on RCT3?

Just had a thought on this one Lauz.

As far as I know you can't, but there is a way to make it a little easier on yourself.

If you build the roof at ground level, you can save it as a custom structure, then reload it, and place it up high.

I think pressing CTRL in RCT3 just puts the piece up to the same level as the piece you last placed, which works a little bit, but it's not that good.

Hope that helps a little bit anyway?

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
Pineapple said:
Custom Paths?

It seems a lot of parks have custom paths now. Or is it just me being daft?

Could someone perhaps link me to them?

Yes. Its custom scenery, I use it quite alot. The set I use is something like Accena's Path something or other.

kimahri

CF Legend
Well heres the problem. i turned reflective water off to bunk up the FPS for a bit and when i turn it back on it doesn't work at all. It was working before I turned them off. is it my graphics card? and btw THIS HAS NEVER HAPPEND BEFORE for me :)