What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Jayjay - Here are your answers:

1. Click Here.. Go to the Spotlight section it will be in any of those parks. Besides, gardens underground do the same effect when placed under track.

2. Are you using the new one? If so try getting the older version of 8 Cars (ask CP6 for the link though I don't know where to get it).

3. No. Well not that I know of anyway...

Sixth Sence - Well first off make sure all sides are cliffs and not sloped. Now from here you can do the Hacker's Version (better) or the Non-Hacker's Version. The Hacker's Version is simply putting base blocks on the bottom of the pool and the wall pieces around the sides. Then you Zero-Clearance everything, raise the water up and then restore clearances. The Non-Hacker's Version is just to colour the land and sides to snow and then raise the water up. Which one you do is up to you.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Sorry to double post but I have three questions. The first one is can a ride which has been merged with another run in a mode other than Boat Hire Mode because I'm pretty sure I've seen it done somewhere, plus I want my trains to run safely and realistically. The second one is why hacked rides immediately have bad reliability when they are used and how I can fix it. And my third is why I can't alter how many cars there are per train with 8 Cars as everytime I try to it doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
1. Don't expect to be able to run multiple trains with proper block sectioning on a merged coaster. The nature of the hack doesn't allow this to work. (I there is a way, though... I just don't know it.)
2. Hacked Rides are always like that. There's something called the RCT Reliable patch that supposedly fixes things some. I've never used it, so I wouldn't know.
3. The amount of cars a coaster has is hard-coded into the game (same as the scenery amounts) and can't be changed. Well, can't be changed by simple means. There are a couple of other programs and stuff you can do to get what you want. But that runs a huge risk and has such a steep learning curve that it's not worth it.

Jer

Strata Poster
Okay CP i have noticed people using Coaster trians as scenery a few times. Is there a link to this scenery or can you hack the trians on as scenery.

Also for 8cars I hacked Giga coaster and make a accelerator, but it seems to constantly break down. I also did it for a drop tower i put diffrent viehicles on it and everytime it re-enters the station the restaints either get stuck open or closed. Why does this keep happening? ever other message is "Tower Of Terror has broken down"

robertw

Roller Poster
CP6 said:
Don't expect to be able to run multiple trains with proper block sectioning on a merged coaster. The nature of the hack doesn't allow this to work. (I there is a way, though... I just don't know it.)
I'm pretty sure it involves building a continous circuit coaster then hacking onto it an alternative path for the train. Then you cover up the unused bits and it should run as a continous circuit coaster. It takes lots of work to get running, but I'm pretty sure it will work (never done it myself).

Vampire_Freak said:
Okay I have another ride problem (By the way Claw thanks what you told me worked prefectly) Okay on my Intamin giga I built after a while of perfect operation the cable lift just stopped working, I noticed because I hadn't seen a coaster trian on the track for a long time. The strange thing is it didn't register as broken, which adds to why I did'nt notice. Why does this happen? and how can I stop it form hapening again?

This also isn't the first time on another intamin Hyper I built with a calbe lift, it just seems to stop without being registered as broken.

I think this has happened on just about every cable lift Giga I've ever built. Thought it was just something you have to live with. Any answers would be appreciated...

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Vampire: There is scenery out there of coaster trains. I'm not sure where you can get it, although www.rctdb.com might help. I think that's the link to the database... although I'm not sure. Personally, I just hack it. I guess this will be my next hack I'll add to that topic... there's 2 ways to do it... but I'll add that when I get a chance.

Things breakdown like that all the name. If you head over to www.nedesgns.com, you can probably find the RCT Reliable Patch on the forums somewhere. Supposedly it helps, but I don't know.

Robert: Can't say I've ever seen that hack for multiple cars on a train. But I know it's not possible with 8 cars to get a coaster like the Giovanola Hyper with more then 5 cars unless you hex-edit stuff. But I know it's possible considering I just saw a coaster with a 6 car hyper coaster.

And no idea on the giga thing. I presume you guys are building it right. If you'd like to post a screen/send me your saved game, I can take a look. Can't guaruntee an answer, but you can always ask on www.nedesigns.com.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
What do you mean?

To like buy the actual game?
You can get it on e-bay or somewhere very cheaply.

EDIT: Furie beat me to it...

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Fair enough...

Another thing that might be of use, though. Go for just the original RCT2. Don't get the triple pack or either of the expansions. Both expansions for RCT2 are awful and not worth your time or waste in scenery space that could be filled with good custom objects.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
I was experimenting with the sinking station technique with the SOB Trainer but it doesn't seem to be working for me as it always comes out with different outcomes. For instance, I may do it and find that not only the entrance and exit are gone, but also pieces of track (I'm using this on a Wooden Coaster by the way) have been sunken as well. And another one is when I tried to sink the scenery it just whacked me with an Error Trapper. Can anyone help me or is this trick just a hit and miss and is inevitable?

A

Anonymous

Yo CP!
I'm starting to use the SOB trainer now, but I dunno how you restore clearances? Maybe i'm just being a noob but it has "Zero all clearances" but no restore thing? Got any know-how?

The Claw

Hyper Poster
^ Even though I'm new to the SOB Trainer as well my best bet would be just to turn off the Special Building Mode and that'll restore clearances.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Okay, I'm trying to download NE Spotlight parks but some of them are presenting me with .SV4 files while my RCT2 seems to only run .SV6 files. Am I missing something here?

Error

Strata Poster
.SV4 are RCT 1. I was actully going to ask how to change them into .SV6. Anyone know of a program?