What's new

Rate the Top Ten of the Poster Above You

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Dragon's Fury is just amazeballs. Call yourself a goon? Tut tut tut.

I would rate your's, Snoo, but as I haven't ridden any, it wouldn't feel right... so 10/10 ;)

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Air is dull
The Smiler is decent
The Swarm is decent
Nemesis is excellent and the best coaster in your top ten
The Big One is decent
Fury is the best spinner, decent
Th13teen is ok
Big Dipper is awesome
Shockwave is ok
Avalanche is decent
6/10

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Montu - brilliant, understandably top
Kraken - decent but wouldn't rank it above...
Kumba - this and Montu are the best coasters at BGT
Hulk - probably about right, middle of the road
Colossus - maybe a bit high
Cheetah Hunt - same as hulk, middle of the road
Space Mountain - onions is onions
Sheikra - Best dive I've ridden, should be higher
Nemesis - This should be near the top considering the ones above it
HRRR - Bleugh

I'd swap Nemesis and Sheikra above Hulk, other than that, decent ranking. 7/10

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Skyrush - OHHH YES!
MF - Overrated
Maverick - nice quirky ride, despite a few neckchoppers
Storm Runner - ok, but not top 10
Nemesis - MMMM!
Kumba - nice!
Montu - decent enough, aybe not quite top 10 for me
White Lightning - Never ridden, but modern gcis are awesome
TTD - for instant thrill, only topped by Kas launch
Gatekeeper - ok.

6/10

Hutch

Strata Poster
Haven't ridden many of yours, but based on my experiences and what I've heard:

Bizarro - YES
Skyrush - #1 steel on my bucket list, so YEAH!
Colossos - also pretty high on my to-do list + intamin woodie!
Silver Star - looks like a decent B&M, but I dunno if I'd rate it that high
Nemesis - I don't think anything needs to be said :)
Shambhala - Looks like one of B&M's very best
Piraten - Intamin airtime machine!
Dominator - I've heard good things about this one, but I wouldn't think it's Top 10 worthy
Griffon - Great ride, despite the brief ride time
Batman - looks great, but I'm not sure if it belongs in the Top 10

Overall you have some very nice rides in your list. I'd probably move Silver Star a bit lower, and I wasn't too sure of Dominator and Batman. But overall 8/10

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
1. Looks good
2. Looks Awesome
3. Looks OK
4. Looks great
5. Looks Awesome
6. Looks pretty good
7. Looks great
8. Looks REALLY AWESOME
9. Looks great
10. Looks pretty good.

Mine: Intimidator/Goliath/Wild Eagle/Superman/Afterburn/Batman/Thunderhead/Dare Devil Dive/Tennessee Tornado/Georgia Scorcher

I've only ridden 50 coasters.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I haven't ridden any of yours, but putting them into a top 10 going on preferences would look like this:-

1. Goliath
2. Intimidator
3. Georgia Scorcher
4. Afterburn
5. Batman
6. Wild Eagle
7. Thunderhead
8. Tennessee Tornado
9. Superman (guessing that it's the flyer)
10. Dare Devil Dive

Edward M

Strata Poster
I haven't been on any of these so I'm going base it on Youtube videos and general opinions of them.

1. EGF
2. Goliath (WW)
3. Nemesis
4. Troy
5. Silver Star
6. Superman (PW)
7. Thunderbird
8. Furius Baco
9. Rattenmühle
10. PMBO

bmac

Giga Poster
Kumba - Good coaster, definitely can understand it being someone's number 1. Haven't been on it since 2006.
Beast - I don't know how to react to this since a) I've never been on it and b) opinions across the entire spectrum describe this ride. I don't mind getting my arse kicked on a woodie so I'm gonna assume you're the same.
MF - No comment.
Outlaw - Need to ride this, badly.
Maverick - Excellent coaster. Needs a better set of OTSRs badly, mainly why it isn't higher on my own top 10.
Nitro - Home park love here. Excellent hyper and still snugly one of the best steels I've ridden so far. This ride truly shines on a warm evening, especially with a breeze.
El Toro - Another excellent coaster, can be somewhat tame when it hasn't warmed up but it has a hell of a punch. It's going to be different since it doesn't play in RT's infield anymore, but at least a piece of RT is still around for it to dance with.
TTD - No comment.
Rattler - Again need to ride this, that drop looks delicious.
Goliath - Probably my most anticipated hyper to ride. It's sadly short but an MCBR-less ride means the thing should be relentless point to point.

For the next poster this is my top 10:
1) Phoenix
2) Nitro
3) El Toro
4) Skyrush
5) Apollo's Chariot
6) Storm Runner
7) Maverick
8) Magnum
9) Intimidator 305
10) Lightning Racer

BBH

Giga Poster
It doesn't very much help that I haven't ridden any of your top ten, but based on the ride types and experiences which they deliver, I will give my worthless opinion here.

Phoenix - I'm assuming that no POV can do this thing justice, the back seat is supposedly legendary.
Nitro - Mmmmmmmm floater airtime. I almost prefer it to strong ejector.
El Toro - But I still love some good ejector airtime on a woodie better.
Skyrush - The airtime on this looks top but the restraint problems have me wary.
Apollo's Chariot - See Nitro. Also, a pre-drop. <<<3
Storm Runner - This looks like a damn interesting ride. The shaping and elements are funky, I have no idea how it rides, though.
Maverick - I could easily see this being one of my top three favorite rides in the future.
Magnum - It's a classic but some of those hills look downright painful with the Arrow lap bars.
I305 - ......wow. That's kinda mental.
Lightning Racer - Never ridden a GCI but I love their layouts and dueling/racing coasters, this looks like a goodie.

Overall an 8/10. You've got some good choices.

Snoo

The Legend
You need more parks. :p

Aside from Viper.. looking about the same order as mine. I have yet to get X-Flight however. Will this summer tho.

nadroJ

CF Legend
BDash|Toro|Outlaw|Maverick|RFII|Bizarro|Voyage|Phoenix|Cornball|Boardwalk

Ok *rolls up sleeves*

1. Boulder Dash was probably one of the most disappointing coasters I've ever ridden. Saying that, it was still fantastic, just not AS fantastic as it was made out to be. Top 10 material sure, but somewhere more around the middle.

2. Toro, yeah, same posish as on mine so can't complain here.

3. I'm sure it's better than Dash, and I know Toro would take a hell of a lot to beat, so I think 3rd place is a good placement.

4. Haven't ridden, but my love of Intamin launchy things tells me I'd put Maverick in at around the same place.

5. I've heard it's great, but people don't seem to rave about it. I guess 5 is a good middling position for it?

6. Bizarro was epic, I feel like it should be further up on your list.

7. Again, heard it's amazing but there seems to be a lot of 'good American wood' on your list rather than overall fantastic coasters, gets a bit repetitive now.

8. Fab fab fab. The airtime alone should shunt this forward a bit more.

9. Again, another one I don't really hear people raving about and seems to be just another American woodie on there, perhaps a bit of a padder coaster?

10. See above.

Overall, some good coasters for sure, but too much wood for my liking, I feel a top ten should have a mixture of coaster types, but then that's just me. No inverts? Really? Also, you need to get out of the US ;]

Snoo

The Legend
Skyrush|El Toro|Bizarro|Black Mamba|Nemesis|Shambhala|Piraten|Colossos|Oz'Iris|Stealth

Alright you tore me apart, I figured I'd return the favor. :D

1. Skyrush: Well, while it was fantastic, it wasn't as good for me as everyone else loved. Its just shy of my top ten but not worthy of my top spot.

2. El Toro: We both have the same spot. Nice. <3

3. Bizarro: I love it, you love it, no need to elaborate. Although the few rides I felt are better, I haven't rode it since around 2007 so I put money on it going up my list when I roll it again.

4. Black Mamba: I think it looks fantastic, not worthy of this high of a spot but definitely a great ride. The states have those large, meandering Inverts (which are good, some pretty great, but not as good as this I assume).

5. Nemesis: Same as above really. I've heard mixed reviews of course on here, but I think it would be the same or better then Mamba.

6. Shambhala: DBack is my newest B&M and its #13 or so for me, and from what I've heard from this puppy, I think it might be around the same spot for me. I need to get on Leviathan.

7. Piraten: I honestly think this deserves to be better. I think, especially compared to how Bizarro is, it would blow it out of the water. Of course, looks mean dick. I need this bad boy in my life.

8: Colossos: Pretty much the same as Piraten for me tbh. Toro is a beast and I assume this would be too, even if it was older. I think it would be higher as my love of airtime is more important.

9: Oz'Iris: Same as the previous inverts except this looks like its not even in the same league as the others. I doubt this should be this high or even in my top 20 tbh.

10: Stealth: No x1000. TTD is my favorite, just outside my top 10, but that is more for my previous experiences with friends, when the ride opens, and the fact that it still has a great explosion, height, and connection to the midway.

Overall, I think its good but not great. I favor strong airtime + great experiences (RFII, Cornball, Boardwalk) in comparison to inversions and strong.. I think positive G's? Yeah that sounds right.. lol. Thats why you don't see inverts there, although they do fall into the 11-20 (Patriot, Batman.. all of them kinda group together, Alpie). I also favor wood compared to steel for said airtime experience.

I do think that most of my rides will bounce around once I ride them again. I rode Boulder Dash BEFORE it was cool, so my hipster rating might be because of said factor.

And damnit I need to go to Europe really bad, which should happen in the next two years tbh.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Boulderdash - More like Boring Dash
El Toro - Pre-Fab orgasmic
Outlaw - No ride yet, from video looks fantastic
Maverick - Spider filled tunnel orgasmic
RFII - Great **** ride
Bizarro - I was a tad fat when I rode so I didn't get a great experience, not to mention lap bars blow
Voyage - I would rather sit on a Thunderfist 3000 then ride this ride again
Phoenix - Great **** ride, and you can go to church in the same amusement park right after!
Cornball - No ride yet, but any park that is in a flyover state and has the word "beach" in it is skeptical
Boardwalk - No ride yet, on the calendar for next year

Izzo's top 10:

Skyrush, El Toro, Goliath over Georgia, Thunderhead, Tatsu, X2, Ravine Flyer 2, Maverick, Leviathan, Millennium Force

BBH

Giga Poster
Skyrush - Airtime looks phenomenal despite restraint problems
El Toro - Looks fab, the airtime is legendary
GoG - I've got a thing for floater
Thunderhead - Nothing quite like a good out of control woodie
Tastu - Looks like a truly fantastic flyer
X2 - **** ing insane ride
RVII - See comments on Thunderhead
Maverick - Intamins are insane, aren't they?
Leviathan - Looks like a perfect B & M
Milf - Looks OK, appears to be overrated though.

Posted while reading your mind.