What's new

Rate the Top Ten of the Poster Above You

BBH

Giga Poster
Fairly simple topic. Simply give the top ten coaster rating of the person above you a rating and say what you would personally switch around based on your ride experience or ride testimonials that you've previously heard.

If you don't have your top 10 in your signature, then simply post it in sequential order in your post.

Hutch

Strata Poster
^Wait. I just realized your sig doesn't match your Top Ten. ;)

Hmmm, I would say:

1. Outlaw
2. X-Flight
3. Batman
4. Wildfire
5. Powder Keg
6. Viper
7. American Eagle
8. Superman
9. Raging Bull
10. V2

So five Top 10ers remained in the same spot...but since a couple only moved one spot, I'll give you 6/10 :p

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
ok - from 1 to 10

meh
dunno (just not sure were Ka and dragster should be in my list)
meh
WOOOHOOOOOOO!
never ridden
Nice family ride
Meh
ok
Wooohooo
Wooohooo

BBH

Giga Poster
Personally:

1. Shambhala
2. Colossos
3. Bizarro
4. Skyrush
5. Nemesis
6. Piraten
7. Silver Star
8. Griffon
9. Batman
10. Dominator

Your placements are definitely justifiable, though, so despite all of the changes I'll give you a 5/10.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
7/10

You definitely have a type or three, and know which type you prefer over others.

In the sig!

Snoo

The Legend
3/10.. meaning 3 of those 10 deserve to be in the Top 10. While I haven't been on Wild Eagle, if Gatekeeper is any indication, I wouldn't have to worry much. Cheetah Hunt has had less then spectacular reviews as well.

MF, Mavvy, TTD, DBack, and Montu are all in my Top 20 however.

Hutch

Strata Poster
8/10

There're all great coasters, and right now I can't really tell which ones I prefer over. There could be a lot of changes or there could be very few changes. It all really depends on the opinion (well of course it does :p).

BBH

Giga Poster
In my opinion:

1. Texas Giant
2. Diamondback
3. X2
4. Prowler
5. Voyage
6. TTD
7. Tatsu
8. Beast
9. Tatsu
10. Titan

Overall, it doesn't look too drastically different than how I would rank them (based on what I look for in a ride) but there are some pretty large shifts so I'll give you a 4/10.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Well, I have only been on one of your top 10 but it's my least favourite coaster of all time :p And that is Wild Mouse at Blackpool.

Can't really comment on the rest but Outlaw Run looks epic, as does Colossos, I'd like to try TTD or Kingda Ka, something bigger, faster and, I assume, better than Stealth.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of my top 10, especially as I'm sure you've ridden them all :p

nealbie

CF Legend
A couple of really good coasters and a few half decent ones gives you a score of 5.5/10

Ratings and Rearrangements

1st. (Jordan 4th) Nemesis:- The UK's best coaster and no contest top of your top 10.

2nd. (Jordan 3rd) The Swarm:- I'd rank it 4th in the UK behind Nemesis, Colossus and Oblivion. So not a bad choice at all.

3rd. (Jordan 6th) Dragon's Fury:- This is the 5th best coaster in the UK, so stands to reason that I put it here. Such a fun little cred! <3

4th. (Jordan 1st) Air:- Gets a lot of flack, but it's brilliant. Not list topping material though.

5th. (Jordan 8th) Big Dipper:- It's seen better days, but a solid wooden coaster. Bested by Megafobia and Grand National as far as UK wood goes.

6th. (Jordan 2nd) Smiler:- Haven't ridden it, but out of your top 10, this is where I'd imagine it to be.

7th. (Jordan 9th) Shockwave:- Unimaginative in terms of layout, but provides an acceptable ride experience.

8th. (Jordan 7th) Th13teen:- Decidedly meh.

9th. (Jordan 5th) The Big One:- First drop's good... and then you have to wait a few minutes to get off and go on something else.

10th. (Jordan 10th) Avalanche:- Really? I'm guessing you've been on at least Colossus, Oblivion, Nemesis Inferno, Stealth, heck even Rattlesnake! All of which are a better choice at just padding out your top 10, so why go for Avalanche? This type of coaster is poo and the others aren't much better. The only 1 of your 10 we agree on and that's entirely down to me having run out of options! :lol:

Your welcome! :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, let's play :)
1. Zeus - No idea, but Megafobia is fab and I'd have trouble deciding if I thought it was better than Khan or not - and Zeus is supposed to be better, so yeah :)

2. Khan - Brilliant coaster, well deserved place, better IMO than...

3. Nemesis - beaten by some of the much larger US and European rides/airtime machines, but stil la stunning ride.

4. OzIris - No idea, but I find the B&M inverts tend to be a close call between rides

5. Monster - See above

6. Mamba - I'm not sure how a Morgan hyper got in here, but they can be "fun" - Never top ten though.

7. Piraten - Not ridden, but I love the Intamin airtime machines, so no doubt worthy :)

8. Colossus - madness to have it anywhere high than bottom 10 :p

9. Blue Fire - brilliant family coaster, massively re-ridable, not actually that fantastic.

10. Goliath - See 7 :)

So overall, I reckon at least 6 out of the 10 belong in a top ten, and arguably another two depending on experience :)

So I'd rate it 7/10 :)

TilenB

Strata Poster
You have a pretty decent top 10 (judging that you only have 22 coasters in your count). I don't really know how to rank them myself, since I haven't ridden any of the coasters that you have...

8/10

Mine:
X2|Katun|Nemesis|iSpeed|Tatsu|BlueFire|Kumba|GiantDipper|Goliath|Raptor

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
To be fair the only person I hear about this specific top 10 is you because you love them so much but I am going to assume Colossus shouldn't be that high up, not above Nemesis anyway so I'll be kind and give you 9/10 for a benefit of the doubt. I'll rate again on 14th Aug when we get back ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Awwwww... Such a sweet little top ten ;)

To be fair, Even after heading to the continent, I had three of those in my top 20 at least, possibly even all three in my top ten (Nemesis, Shockwave and Avalanche).

Air though is awful, and The Smiler isn't very good either. Neither stand up as consistent across rerides.

But yeah, for a limited coaster count, 7/10* :)

*Because Dragon's Fury is turd.