What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Ben

CF Legend
Antinos said:
Ben; I would imagine it being like a dive machine immelmann due to the wide trains

Yes but something like that looks MASSIVELY off with the footers.

I'm not saying it would be the SAME as Mamba's, I'm using it to highlight how it could be an Immelman-esque element, but at only 90 degrees at the top. If you take the Mamba style Immelman, and pull it about a bit, I think it fits much better into the footers than a "normal" one would.

Of course, it might be something utterly different.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
From the webcam, looks like they've built an overbank.

webImage3.jpg

Or it's a completely irrelevant structure

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Sure looks like an overbank to me in that last picture. It doesn't seem to be too tall though, that could make it very interesting force-wise.

peep

CF Legend
Gardaland have posted a new promo vid in English for those interested...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIbNBCkR1sg[/youtube]

It shows less than what we've seen but I love the way they're using a story to build excitement for the ride during construction.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I'd understand having flyer style restraints if the ride had movement like a 4D coaster.

Maybe that's the plan in future designs.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Looks great! I'm a big fan of the flyer restraints, looks like it's going to be a lot smoother than Intamin's attempt, however if the final trains do have these restraints it wouldn't allow much freedom, which is a killer. I'm interested to see how they pull this coaster off, I can't see it being intense, more like a smooth gentle floaty coaster. It'll be lucky to be even the faintest forceful by the looks of it... Looks cool though :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
So is this definately not a 4D coaster?

Just seems odd to use the Flyer restraints if all you do is sit up-right. After all, they're made like they are for comfort whilst in an unusual position...