What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I think it mentioned from the start it is like the 4D Type Coasters (in terms of design of train) but will NOT rotate. I think it did anyway, I have a feeling it's this type of restraint due to the inline section and the comfort in that element. That has to be the most painful part of Baco in terms of the restraint comfort.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Valid point!

If the images on the page previous are of this coaster's trains, i doesn't look like it will rotate, it seems too fixed!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I think the general concensus is that X-Raptor will not spin about, however, future models will have the ability to...

It wouldn't suprise me then that the trains are designed with spinning in mind slightly, hence reducing the need for major updating to them in the future...

And isn't one of Baco's major flaws it's roughness? Surely having a Flyer-esque restraint (one of the most comfortable restraint systems imo), shows that B&M are as usual aiming for comfort factor in addition to excitement...

Though of course, we're basing a lot of this on one of the worst photos of the trains ever...

tks

Strata Poster
Just a theory..

But looking at the seat positions here:

LKRidercamFuriusBaco.jpg

and

39426_476440646628_120907856628_5643135_227851_n.jpg

It seems to me that the B&M seats are lower down along side the track? Whatever its called that connects the cars to the wheel bit seems to go down to the seats. Hopefully a smoother ride! (Baco really is god awful!)

What I mean is Baco seats = above track.
Raptor seats appear to be beside the track.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
And isn't one of Baco's major flaws it's roughness? Surely having a Flyer-esque restraint (one of the most comfortable restraint systems imo), shows that B&M are as usual aiming for comfort factor in addition to excitement...

Yeah they're comfortable when in the flying position, but when upright, it feels odd, and the seats are too deep.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Nah it was never announced to be launched. Infact, i think it even says it has a lift hill in the press release. There was some speculation towards a launch due to its similarities to furious baco, but that was short lived.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I really love B&M hypers, inverts, dive machines, sit down loopers, and flyers. I am glad though that they are going to
bring out something new.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4n0wHOM2D4[/youtube]

Some nice images of the ride including from the lifthill over some cheesy music and some italian guy =).

Snoo

The Legend
I half expected a naked lady to jog across the screen and jiggle her boobs when that music came on.. :lol:

nadroJ

CF Legend
In hilarious news, I've found out that my sister and her friend are the poster girls for the ads for X-Raptor in Italy. Lulz.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Once again, Gardaland show us how to actually advertise your ride exceptionally well and randomly...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlgVK9SWgA&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Once again, Gardaland show us how to actually advertise your ride exceptionally well and randomly...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlgVK9SWgA&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
What's being said? Like, even a rough outline?

When I spoke to Candy Holland I know she said that the idea with X-Raptor was to have a slightly more realistic, gritty theme which would fit in with the fantasy world at Gardaland but engage young adults, who were currently not catered for. And the way Tussauds have done that, time and time again, is with quite obscure things. Seems like this is an example of that...?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love the beanie hat! I will buy one when we go in July!

FYI, here's the full press release:
Gardaland reaches the peak of Mount Blanc with “Raptor, a chilling flight”

Alex Bellini – the man of extreme feats – brings by hot balloon, on the “Roof of the Alps” the new winged Rollercoaster of 2011 unveiling its name

The new and extreme winged Rollercoaster of Gardaland, unprecedented in Italy and making “chilling flights” its emblem, has challenged altitude and the most extreme temperatures alongside Alex Bellini, man of feats that are just as extreme, to reach and surpass the peaks of Mount Blanc (over 4,800 metres) reaching heights of over 6 thousand metres.

Bellini, a sportsman known for its solitary row-boat ocean crossings and for taking part in numerous other virtually impossible adventures, made his hot balloon hover in the air transporting, well beyond the “Roof of the Alps” the logo of Gardaland’s new ride, unveiling its name: Raptor, a chilling flight.

The army of aficionados has finally got a definite name for the most adrenalinic adventure to be enjoyed in 2011. The logo and the name of what will be the most imposing and extreme Rollercoaster ever to be built in Italy, which will be inaugurated on the first day of April, are a throwback to a terrifying creature which appear to have inspired the ride.

The track, which will span an area of over 16 thousand square metres, promises breathtaking speed, with two peaks approaching 90 km/h. Thanks to a fall from an impressive 33 metres in height and to an inclination of 65°, the lightning fast downhill section will drastically accelerate every carriage of the train, with an overall weight, when fully loaded, of over 18,000 kg distributed across 84 wheels. In addition to this there is a lifting system which will reach a maximum height of 30 metres from the starting point with an inclination of 40 degrees from the ground; 3 major “head over heels inversions”, 90° curves and a series of exciting and particular technical “subterfuges” that will leave you literally breathless.

But Alex Bellini will also face an incredible new challenge in Summer 2011: we are talking about the “Run Across America”, a running competition where participants will complete 5,000 km from Los Angeles to New York in a mere 70 days, with an average of 70 km per day. Bellini, at the moment, is the only Italian among the participants to this demanding feat which requires extreme mental and physical preparation. Accompanying him in this new challenge there will be a staff of sports coaches with great experience in breathing techniques, in motivation and hypnosis which will aid him with vital advice on how to deal with a competition of this kind, at the limit of human tolerance. Breathing and hypnosis will in fact be the key elements for a good management of energies during the race.

Alex Bellini is not new to this type of athletic performances, which require very scrupulous training of the body and of the mind. Among his latest accomplishments we can find the Marathon des Sables, 250 km long running race in the Sahara desert, the Alaska Ultrasport, a journey through ice faced in 2002 and in 2003, the first time for 600 km and the second for 1400 km and the most recent solitary row-boat ocean crossings from Genoa to Brazil and from Peru to Australia.

So we can truly say that Alex Bellini – the man of extreme feats - and Raptor – with his chilling flight – have in store for us a really exciting 2011!