What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

spicy

Giga Poster
Bravo UC =D> you probably still won't get through to him though :lol:

As for the coaster, a trip to Gardaland definately needs to happen, this is looking awesome and will be a completely different experience to Furius Baco.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Wow, 4 posts in a row? That's like a new record :lol:

This just struck me as being odd, but has anyone noticed the bank angle going into that second inversion in the previous turn? It's almost like 80*.

Just because I criticize it, does not mean it will hold water

I couldn't agree more.

Well... At least we agree on something :lol: (for once...)

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
^^^I was imagining it might be like Manta's and not a 'real' splash if it was on a corner, but I don't know if the technology that goes with Manta belongs to B&M or if SeaWorld has a patent on it of some sort.

Do any of the press releases etc. even mention some sort of water element? Then again, they only mention two inversions, so maybe not the best place to look.

(Now how many times shall I post this time...)

Xpress

Strata Poster
So.. Any more news on this, particularly the drop? From the photos it looks like there isn't room for a left handed turn right into the zero-g, but perhaps a right then left?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
TarkaTrax said:
Do any of the press releases etc. even mention some sort of water element? Then again, they only mention two inversions, so maybe not the best place to look.

Not specifically, but if you look at the concept artwork, there appears to be some sort of splash going on..

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
/\ There goes your money :p

156212_1514878480408_1487834870_31347276_8139388_n.jpg

149273_1514879840442_1487834870_31347283_7827498_n.jpg

More here: http://forum.theparks.it/gardaland-reso ... ml#p187110

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Well that is interesting! :shock: Should we start putting our money on another unannouced inversion? They did it once already, do you think they would do it twice?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It wouldn't make sense if they put it there. If it's an actual water splash, then it will slow down the train, and that wouldn't make sense to slow down the train right after the drop.

But then again, we have seen some pretty ridiculous things happen on coasters so I guess anything can happen.

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nH94XFsKU&feature=sub[/youtube]

Video uploaded by them, it doesn't show anything more, BUT if you look at the footers after the drop, it kinda explains what's going to happen next!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Crazycoaster said:
TarkaTrax said:

Not specifically, but if you look at the concept artwork, there appears to be some sort of splash going on..
It's going to have water elements for the purpose of interacting with the public, is what I was just told, so that backs up the concept art nicely.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
X-raptor.png

X-raptor2.png

Imm. looks like a good guess. Though I'm not 100% convinced. The track looks like it will be going in a straight line, then in the distance slightly left, though it could be an illusion created with the dodgy stiching.

Maybe they could do something like Daemonens Imm. exit to link it? Even though this heads right a bit.

X-raptor3.png

(Mirrored)

Or something new?