What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Has anyone seen a more recent picture of the brake run? I'm curious how much they were able to save the crap installation the first time round. I had a quick skim through that video, and it looked much better, but it's hard to tell from the quick cuts and (relatively) low resolution images.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I saw some of the second part of the brake run
C1v1uecW8AAIJyr.jpg

C1v1Yo4XEAAv0ow.jpg

Also they've also started rebuilding that Venetian tower
C1v0wscW8AAoHFX.jpg

source

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good find on the final brake run pictures - they're good quality. Although it was the flat section that looked really bad before:

Intamin :)
image_1064.jpeg

I was going to say that this could be before torquing everything together, but I don't think they're going to be able to pull that straight with all the will in the world!

Image from PAC via TPR

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Whilst it's difficult to tell whether or not the brake run turned out be rough from the video, if you watch from about 3:43 in the video, you can quite clearly see a LOT of lateral movement of the trains on the pullout. I know this does also occur on other Intamin launchers (especially Kingda Ka), but the question is...should it? I mean, you'd hope improved manufacturing techniques and the new track style would've solved this?

(Watch in half speed for maximum effect)

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Hurgh... that's going to be offensive. Wonder if that or Furios Spacko will take the prize for top brain-bleeder.

IG9887

Roller Poster
Does look like you get some ejector on that bunny hop? up into the the final break run. None the less, still shouldve tweaked it a bit to make it unique (Inside top hat anyone?)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Summary of the video: the coaster is testing continuously and the rebuilding after the blaze is coming along nicely.

Also, trains have been spotted testing without the additional themeing on them (no fake wheels and no airfoils), ala TTD. I don't know if that's permanent (some reports claim that the airfoils were vibrating way too much) or if it's part of the testing process and they will be reinstalled once they get more data from testing.

th720_f244d4a0b31bf9913c426f6895f0676f.JPG

In other news, today PA have finally released the official prices for each park. Notice how there is NO single admission just for FerrariLand. You are forced to take the PA+FL combo, making customers pay 15 euros more than the year before for what essentially is a new area, not a new park. Nicely played, PA! Let's hope their FL experiment doesn't backfire like the Studios did when it opened...

16142416_10154827739329534_8164613562805370780_n.png

As for FL opening times, some people claim that in order to cope with guest demand (and to cash more €€€), there will be two admission times throughout the day and you will only be able to visit the park at one particular alloted time. One from 10 am to 5pm, and another one from 5pm to 12 pm. I wonder how they will make it work without closing the park, like Universal do during their Halloween Horror Nights...

Source: CAPTE.org

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hang on, so that's 70€ for two days at both PAW and FL? For a park of PA's quality, I think that's a bargain! But I don't like the idea of two admission periods. Chuck on an extra 5€ and let everybody mince about all day.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Am I missing something?

2 days at Port Aventura at the top is 75 euros.

2 days at Ferrari Land + Port Aventura in the middle is 70 euros?

So it's actually cheaper to buy a multi-park ticket if you're going for 2 days. Error, am I reading it wrong, or is that actually a rather clever marketing ploy to convince people to actually visit?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The website doesn't have tickets on sale as of yet, but it does split into Web and Ticket Booth options, which the image lacks for FL. I bet the shown price is for the web. Ticket Booth sales will easily surpass 100 €.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk