What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Dar

Hyper Poster
Intamin :)
image_1064.jpeg

I was going to say that this could be before torquing everything together, but I don't think they're going to be able to pull that straight with all the will in the world!

Image from PAC via TPR

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Ok, what are odds we see an infamous intamin reprofile before first season is over? 88% is minimum in my mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend
Huh? Something can't be right with that pic..... Intamin have enough experience with coasters to know what they're doing...

TilenB

Strata Poster
Am I the only one who thinks that trackwork is incredibly uneven? I mean it looks like they've hired some cheap Chinese company, rather than Intamin.

Snoo

The Legend
I actually noticed it as well but thought the photo was just crap. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
It's just an effect of the pic compression rate, seen it lot's of times.

Also just think about it, have you ever been standing next to a coaster track that is not straight? Not even Vekoma would make a track like that for their worst SLC.

djreplay26

Roller Poster
I'd blame whoever put the footers in, the supports are guaranteed to be the same length as (I assume) they are cut by computer and easy to measure by hand anyway. If the supports are sat on the footers then they must be out of level. They'll be able to pull it straight anyway I'm sure.

Dave

CF Legend
Dar said:

Woah that's some bad installation there, and that's nothing to do with compression of the photo as the supports are not warped along with the track in the photo!

Reminds me of Birmingham Airport's runway (which ironically is likened to a roller coaster)
4221396001_3981883235001_Bumpy-landings-Birmingham-airport-vs.jpg

oriolat2

Giga Poster
So, apparently, RCS are building the higher sections of the top hat on flat ground. I guess it will save them a lot of time and money, having everything assembled before the big crane lifts the pieces.

As for the downwards 270º roll, I am inclined to think that it won't be one of the coaster's elements. In fact, if you like at those sections, there aren't any special supports "sticking" out of the tower just like on TTD or KK.

Anyway, onto the pictures:

th720_88bc69d5aca9160f771d3b7f128acb22.jpg

th720_6adfa0a96c2aaa8dd9d4a9f71b6098f7.jpg

th720_56a2e3ad403518170e15a83b266eb2c8.jpg

axbur5.jpg

Source: PA-Community.com

spicy

Giga Poster
Ah ok so this doesn't even have the 270 roll.

All they had to do was clone that thing they built in Ohio 13 years ago, same
colours and everything. All would have been ok.

Dar said:

Go home Intamin.

Smithy

Strata Poster
That random hill, that wonky straight, no 270 roll, OTSR's, **** hell this has to be the worst major 'big' coaster choice in absolute years.