What's new

Port Aventura questions?

andrus

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
What's the cheapest way for a trip to Port Aventura during the summer holidays?

-I take it it's best to fly with Ryan-Air but how much would it cost?

-How far away is the park from the airport and is there a bus service? Or is it better to hire a car?

-Where's the cheapest and best place near the park to stay overnight?

-Is there anyway to get cheap offers on park tickets like 241s or discounts with Merlin Annual Passes?

-How busy will the park be in the summer and how many days would you recommend in the park to get everything done?

-Are there any other parks worth doing and how close are they?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to persuade my dad to take us to PA as we haven't been there yet and obviously the cheaper it is the more likely it is we can go.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
You could fly to Barcelona, I guess that's cheaper (ryan air don't fly from my location so I don't know the prices to reus airport). Train from Barcelona is both cheap and fast (about an hour).

You could stay either in Barcelona or even better (as I did) in Terragona wich is just 5 min away by train from PA (PA got their own train station). Terragona has a really cheap hotel called "Hotel Catalunya Express" that I recomend. It's a basic hotel but it's clean, has friendly staff and is VERY close to the train station.

Ticket prices are fairly cheap as it is. Especially the express card (fastrack) is very good priced at only about 40 euros. And express cards are recommended since the queue time on Baco can reach 3 hours!! Khan and Hurakan Condor has pratty "short" queues at only 45min-1h. Other attractions are less than 30 mins, but since express cards are cheap (and Baco has a bloody long queue!) I would still recomend them!

Other than that I can only say that it's a really nice park with great theming and atmosphere and my favourite park of all times =D

A

Anonymous

its the best park in europe theming is as good as in disneyland a :--D nd the coasters are much much better

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I was going to start a new topic but thought I'd use this one considering my questions are about Port Aventura.

Has anyone been to Port Aventura during early September, if yes, is it usually busy in the week?

I've been to Port Aventura 5 times and every time the Log Flume has been shut, so any ideas if it'll be open in early September? I've only ever been there in late October and mid November, so would assume it was shut for winter maintenence.

Cheers. :)

Rob

Mega Poster
I've done both budget PA and resort PA, and for the best experience, it is 100% worth paying the extra to stay in one of the hotels. I've visited 3 times, twice in a resort hotel for a week and once on the cheap, went into the park for 3 days. The park can be done in 3 days, but if you want to just enjoy yourself, chill out a little and really make the most of the place the PA hotels are the way to go, there are little perks for PA hotel guests as well such as free express entry after 9PM and hotel express passes.

Seriously, for the most magical and really fantastic experience of PA stay in the resort hotels!

(This is all info for August 2006/2007/2009)

And, Ryanair fly to Reus, take a taxi or train to PA (it has it's own train station). I'd look at fares for Thomas Cook, Thomson and Jet2 as well, because after being hit with all of Ryanair's hidden costs the normal airlines can often work out cheaper.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I'm pretty sure it's been removed completely. If I could be arsed, I'd dig out the topic where it was mentioned.