What's new

Peppa Pig World for Paultons 2011

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I forgot to post these the other day (released on the same day as I heard about Thorpe's LC12), but there are some CRACKING new images on the Peppa Pig World micro-site: http://www.peppapigworld.com

Mr Potato’s Playground with Windy Castle (the ride I most looking forward to) in the background.
IMG_2034.jpg

Most of the landscaping is complete.
IMG_2054.jpg

Yes, I know I'm slightly biased as it's my local park that I grew up in, but I think they've done a fantastic job. Everything looks really lush and twee. Those bright colours will certainly appeal to the kids and detail-junkies such as myself. Then again, I wouldn't expect anything less from Paultons! It's one pig that I can't wait to pull!

CF will be at the media day in March so we'll bring you a full review and a documentary video ready for the grand opening on the 9th April.

Dave

CF Legend
Superb photos there! Am really looking forward to visiting this year and having a look at the park.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's really fantastic and easily as good as (if not better than) Thomasland (which is pretty awesome really).

Yeah, we're still massively excited :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Paultons Park are going to make a mint this year, good on them, hopefully it will pave the way for similarly ambitious projects in the future. Yaaay =D

jaybuoy

Roller Poster
The pictures look great, this whole area looks really good. Is It true that Paultons Park every 3 years will add a larger ride? Cobra then edge and if I'm not mistaken 2012 is the next time we will see a larger ride?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
jaybuoy said:
The pictures look great, this whole area looks really good. Is It true that Paultons Park every 3 years will add a larger ride? Cobra then edge and if I'm not mistaken 2012 is the next time we will see a larger ride?
That appears to be the pattern, yes. Although with PPW being a massive investment for this season (and beyond!), I can't see them getting anything major like Cobra and Edge in 2012.

I have it on good authority that they've reached their "coaster limit" for the time being, but it's a surprising park so anything could happen!

jaybuoy

Roller Poster
O well that's a bit pants, wanted to see something exciting next year. But as you said you never know.

marc

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
Paultons Park are going to make a mint this year, good on them, hopefully it will pave the way for similarly ambitious projects in the future. Yaaay =D

Will they though? 1st of all they will need to pay for the work they have just carried out no one knows if they had to take out a loan. 2nd they also have to pay the company for the use of the name. It will probably be at least 2 years before they can really start to make a profit. I could be 100% wrong, none of us know how they paid for it :).

Have tbh it looks fantastic and perfect for the park.

Dave

CF Legend
marc said:
nadroJ said:

Will they though? 1st of all they will need to pay for the work they have just carried out no one knows if they had to take out a loan. 2nd they also have to pay the company for the use of the name. It will probably be at least 2 years before they can really start to make a profit. I could be 100% wrong, none of us know how they paid for it :).

Have tbh it looks fantastic and perfect for the park.

Well over the years I've noticed they've started removing many of the rides I always associate with the park i.e. the Romany Experience and the weird shed of saws and weapons, it is for progress but it shows the parks keenness to improve and develop into a good park (which it is). I'm excited to see the park progress and challenge other family parks like Legoland

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
marc said:
There was a small article about it in yesterday's Sun. It's since been thrown out so I can't quote from it directly, but it did say that the company behind Peppa Pig has put capital towards the scheme. Therefore, Paultons aren't paying every penny out for it. But yes, once the initial costs have paid been paid off, there should be a tidy profit for all involved.

Some really rough maths here, but the gate price has increased this year by about £2. If they averaged 500,000 visitors in previous seasons, that's an extra £1,000,000. Ok, so that's not all profit but PPW will probably get another 100,000 through the gate, so there's money to be made!

marc

CF Legend
Cheers for that Ian. They have been very clever with this good on them.

They probably done well last year due to the extra free advertising they got due all that silly stuff over the rides :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Excellent preview video on the PP YT channel:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRaDpeoPYU[/youtube]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Maxi-Minor_Furie just watched it and got really excited. He's desperate to go now :)