What's new

Park with Worst Fanboys?

Ben

CF Legend
Jarrett said:
Ben said:
Hersheypark.

There's some weirdos who wanna **** Skyrush and it's gross.
Emily has seen this once on Tumblr but that was kind of an isolated thing. Have you seen it elsewhere because nobody's doing that to my number one!

... I was talking about you.

Lofty

CF Legend
Alton and Pleasure Beach. The Pleasure Beach ones are the WORST - constantly slagging the park off until an 'outsider' does it and then they'll just casually argue back for the sake of it as though they're the enlightened ones.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Snoo

The Legend
Hyde said:
Cedar Point Single Riders Club.

12ucNMXOUtyLDi.gif

Nothing like a bunch of single old 70 year old men trying to ride Millennium Force 10,000 times.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ And take note on which of the 108 available seats is best to ride in.

mouse

Giga Poster
I'm surprised no ones mentioned the most notorious of theme park fanboys, Cedar Point and Alton Towers fanboys are nothing compared.

Obviously I'm talking about the Gulliver's Matlock Bath fanboys. I **** hate them, with their food-stained Gulliver's gooniform and laminated annual passes.

You can barely get five feet beyond the entrance of the park before one of the fanboys jumps out of a nearby bush to record your presence in their visitor numbers log book, before trying to have a picture taken with you. Sometimes they make that strange howling noise, and all the other fanboys jump out of other nearby shrubbery and congregate around you taking pictures and making strange noises. Last time I had to fight my way through them, using one of the machetes supplied by the park staff.

And don't even get me started on the Gulliver's Matlock Bath fan forum (GMBfans), which I'm sure many of you have tried to use to find news on the park, only to be banned by the admins for suggesting Boulder Dash is a better coaster than Switchback. **** Switchback. They treat it like a God, I remember seeing them knelt down worshiping it in the queue line and rubbing the supports - I had to climb over twelve men just to get on the damn ride. There's been countless arrests near the coaster, due to the fanboys having an urge to expose themselves to the steel track.

Its the kids born into it I feel sorry for, forced to wear the ceremonial Gulliver's gooniform and dance around the Log Roller Coaster as the sun sets. It alienates them from the real world, and teaches them to discriminate against all other parks. Its cruelty, by the age of 5 they've ridden the Log Flume against their will over 1000 times, and are hanging around the Alton Towers entrance attacking guests for not visiting Gulliver's.

There's no point going on about them, I'm sure you know what I mean as they are obviously very notorious within the coaster community. They just need to learn that the park is not as sacred as they think it is, and there are many other parks that are much better. No point explaining that to them though, they'll just start shouting non-sensical crap about Switchback's incredible airtime or the amazing theming of the Lilliput Woods area. I can barely understand what they're saying anyway, as there mouths are usually stuffed full of Chef Gully's spaghetti bolognese - hence the bolognese stains all down their fronts.

I **** hate the Gulliver's Matlock Bath fanboys.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lofty said:
Alton and Pleasure Beach. The Pleasure Beach ones are the WORST - constantly slagging the park off until an 'outsider' does it and then they'll just casually argue back for the sake of it as though they're the enlightened ones.

This 100% (except the bit about using Tapatalk on an iPhone 6).

I guess because they are probably the two most well known parks in the UK with a fair amount of history, people do view them through rose tinted specs. What I can't stand is the sheer unwillingness for them to see anything negative. It's almost like they're scared Nick Varney or Amanda Thompson will curse them or something.

Gavin raises a good point about CF's (what I'm going to call) multi cultural fanboyism. In years gone by, CF had a very hardcore Thorpe Park fanboy following. To some extent it still exists as Thorpe topics, particularly one about coasters, tend to be very popular. I've noticed over the years, a wider range of parks are covered but actual fanboyism has moved from parks to manufacturers and ride types. I think most people explode with militant filled joy when a new RMC, Mack Mega or B&M Hyper/Giga is announced. I think that's fab. It means people are not narrowly looking at one park but are wiling to explore new ones and go somewhere other than Chertsey.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Lofty said:

I made the mistake of suggesting PMBO could be with some work, possibly by Morgan, and that the Grand National was getting painfully rough, to the point of being unrideable, and also needed work, maybe by RMC. From the reaction I got you'd think I'd insulted their mum.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Intricks said:
If you think I am lying, go look up Wooden Coaster Coinnessuer on Facebook and just read what some people are stating will happen to Invadr before it has even opened.

LMAO! That group started off with such promise, constantly updating with photos of older and past rides.... Now it's just a bitchfest that I love to just troll. The main poster there just pulls every photo he can from RCDB and thinks that's adding "content".... Also, that group has a love affair with Hersheypark Comet..... Whenever they play a guess the coaster or name a coaster game.... Comet always comes up, pretty much first. ( to the point where me and my friend Freddie, constantly post that every single coaster is Comet on that group)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Europa Park from my experience.

Some pretend they are coaster fans but never heard of Expedition GeForce or anything other than Disney and EP.

Olaf

Mega Poster
In the netherlands it's both efteling and wab... These **** are awfull

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Cedar Point's fan boys are by far the worst. A park filled to the brim with mediocrity praised out the arse. Most fanboys haven't even strayed as far to Kings Island to see how much more enjoyable the place is, or to Waldameer to experience a more relaxed and classic experience.

Cedar Point makes me irrationally angry, as many of you already know from my Valravn rant. So it's only natural it's fans would piss me off. There's no reasoning with them. With Maverick acting as the only example of quality there, it's hard to explain why so much of CP is critically lacking when it's fans haven't been anywhere **** else.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
^Cedar Point fanboys may be (and are) gross, but please don't lie and say Kings Island is a better park...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Joey said:
Most fanboys haven't even strayed as far to Kings Island, until their Cedar Fair passes worked there, to see how much more enjoyable the place is
Corrected your typo there for further emphasis. :wink:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ben said:
^Cedar Point fanboys may be (and are) gross, but please don't lie and say Kings Island is a better park...
Lmao whatever Ben you're always wrong. <3

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk