What's new

Park with Worst Fanboys?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Fanboys. They know exactly how many bricks make up all the buildings at a park. They've never been to another park in their life. They'll fight tooth and nail to find out what next year's addition is as soon as February rolls around. They post endlessly about that new Larson flat ride they're getting as the only expansion for next season. And they will crucify anybody who hates their park's signature attraction.

These enthusiasts can be great park tour guides but on social media, let's be real, they could make anyone want to gouge their eyes out. However, some parks just happen to be a breeding ground for annoying fangirly behavior that any established enthusiast cannot stand. Which parks have the ability to have such an affect on others?

I've got a few...

Busch Gardens Williamsburg- I was on BGWFans briefly in 2012 to follow Verbolten construction and these people are crazy! It started with them getting a guy fired from the park for the plan leak, and it only escalated from there. They had one guy that got banned from the park for jumping fences and hiking into the park's boneyard to take a crap ton of pictures. They were discussing the whole "chip in and buy a drone to fly over the park" option way before that became a common thing. And it took until like February for people on there to fully stop whining about Big Bad Wolf. Crazy bunch of fanboys there!

Cedar Point- Ah, the dreaded CP Fanboy. Their number one is Millennium Force and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. They are the most entitled piece of **** on the planet that will yell at park staff for anything, even if it's during a nice thing they did like Winter Chillout. They'll cover their room in CP posters, wear CP tat to a funeral, and if Cedar Point did it it's either perfect or if it isn't it better be because they're entitled to that. They'll gladly break park rules, they're rude to employees, their kid was conceived at Coaster Campout, and they're just a vile cancer to the hobby for the most part. Now is this true about all of them? No. But does this kind of annoying, entitled attitude exist this badly at any other park? Absolutely not.

Post away! Let's feel the love tonight! :p

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Alton Towers and Cedar Point spring to mind very quickly. AT is full of people who just don't know anything. The "Future of AT" is full of very stupid ideas(Nemesis Removal? What?). Cedar Point is bad for quite obvious reasons.

The general Six Flags vs. Cedar Fair debate is really annoying. It all started when a little park in New Jersey got a similar model of coaster that another little park in Ohio. And holy **** it exploded from there. Gatekeeper was clearly a copy of X-Flight, Cedar Point isn't getting an RMC Mean Streak, Cedar Fair is getting more coasters than Six Flags, the list goes on and on.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point Single Riders Club.

12ucNMXOUtyLDi.gif

jj23w

Hyper Poster
For my age towers and Thorpe spring to mind instantly. Towers are the worst take everything seriously don't really like Thorpe enthusiasts and if they do it's over 1 girl that they've never met.

Thorpe aren't as bad we are more rebellious you either have your nice ones or the ones that think they're the ultimate lads of Thorpe when really they can't pull a thing.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Apart from Disney, I don't come into contact with fanboys, except on here and I haven't had any bad experiences. I guess the Cedar Point fans can get a bit too enthusiastic at times!

But omg, all the Disneyland fanboys n girls do is just complain and moan about everything. They whine because there haven't been any new attractions built for a while, they whine when something new is actually proposed. They moan because its too crowded, then moan when the annual pass prices go up. A lot of them have a really sneering pretentious attitude towards WDW, which I can't understand. They raise their protest banners and pitchforks at the littlest of things. Moaning and some entitlement is fine, especially when you're paying that amount of money, but I find some of the Disneyland locals really draining. The others are exquisite!

My favourites are fanboys of random, smaller parks and I find it really endearing. Bless. :angel:

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Nice laugh, smithy...

But don't topics like this, that judge and generalize groups of people, kind of make us no better than TPR?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Intricks

Strata Poster
I really dont have an issue with any parks fanboy, so long as the fan isnt die hard and are able to accept the flaws within said park.

That being said, CP Fanboys can be pretty bad, as can Six Flags, Universal and Disney fanatics (as their park/chain can do no wrong), but may I add in a suggestion - a General Anything Fanboy?

I ask because the sheer amount of haters that have been born because GG and RMC have starting doing inversions/conversions (RMC excluse) that have gave birth to the "Purist" Wooden Coaster fanatic. They see Corporate parks as the most vile/evil thing, and parks that have either torn down/converted/reprofiled/made better shall no longer gain their business (but pointing out said flaw in logic results in them spputong nonsense worse than Donald Trump himself). Like, they have gained an unheard of hatred for GCII because they ruined the Coney Island Cyclone and have (from others, not my own experience) turned it from a ride that made them feel alive turn into a shadow of its former self (cause taking a beating to your spine = Best. Wood. Evaaar).

In short, f*** wooden coaster diehards who hate Knoebels now becausr they smoothed it out and made it more rerodable because they took out the slam into your side from the helix entrance and other forms of nonsensicle bs.

Ugh.....

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Wait, people actually do that? I get why people like a little rough wood; it gives it character; but if they hate companies for retracking a ride to make it survivable, why do they complain? That legitimately confuses me.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Sorry to double post, but I just remembered about the Intamin Fanboys. They think that MF and I305 are better than Fury and Leviathan in every way for some reason, cry and whine on a Top 10 video when they see that a B&M made a higher spot than an Intamin. They're also the people who want to argue their opinion rather than explain it in a civilized and proper manner. So annoying.

Intricks

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
^Wait, people actually do that? I get why people like a little rough wood; it gives it character; but if they hate companies for retracking a ride to make it survivable, why do they complain? That legitimately confuses me.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
Because it "ruined the experience". It baffles me too, because at some point they would have rather let it rot itself away rather than getting a new phase of longevity.

Even putting Topper Track onto a wood coaster to help fix it is seen as improper and heretic talk.

Im being dead honest when I say that there is someone who absolutely refuses to go to any park that has gotten rid of a wooden coaster to replace it with a steel ride as "Steel coasters are an equivalent to the devil" (not his actual words, but the basis is still there). He is only travelling to BGW to ride Invadr and then leave because he knows for "100% fact" that BGW will let the ride rot away into oblivion before they tear it down.

If you think I am lying, go look up Wooden Coaster Coinnessuer on Facebook and just read what some people are stating will happen to Invadr before it has even opened.

Another fun fact from that group - Conneaut Lakes Parks' Blue Streak is the penultimate ride to experience the best airtime to be found on any coaster ever.

I just can't even with some of those folks.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Ben said:
Hersheypark.

There's some weirdos who wanna **** Skyrush and it's gross.
Emily has seen this once on Tumblr but that was kind of an isolated thing. Have you seen it elsewhere because nobody's doing that to my number one!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Well this woman is married to a carnival ride, so yeah....

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZrZQMXqPY[/youtubevid]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Honestly, I don't really come across them too often. Apart from checking Screamscape for news every few days, this is the only coaster site I really use and we're mostly free from fanboys, or at least the militant type.

I don't really use any park-specific sites, though I guess I'll follow the occasional link from here or Screamscape, so I keep myself away from most of it.

Every now and then, you'll get someone joining here, but they quickly f**k off once they realise that people here are more up for an actual discussion and won't spend their time in a group rimming session over a ride/park.

Their are a few fanboys on here, yeah - you'll see them pipe up in every topic regarding certain parks - but they're definitely not the single-minded type you see elsewhere.