What's new

Olympia Looping returning to Winter Wonderland?

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
Spent a day at WW today. Repetition of spinners is quite alarming.
Olympia Looping is still great fun - although the OTSRs are kinda restrictive.

The highlight for me this year was the new observation tower ride (Panoramic Viewing Tower owned by Van Der Beek apparently).
Probably the tallest thing there in terms of ride experience (75m) - the views are amazing and it's pretty civilised, being enclosed and warm.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm curious to know but too lazy to check if it's been mentioned elsewhere; is Olympia currently on 5 car or 7 car trains? If currently 5, are the extras anywhere to be seen?

spicy

Giga Poster
So after missing OL at winter wonderland last year and being very happy it had come back and having extremely high expectations after all I had read/heard over the years.

Wow it actually delivered. Incredible for a travelling coaster. If it wasn’t £9.00 I would have been around a few more times.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Literally only thing I was tempted by this year is that tower for the night-time views but it's £7.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
What are the new creds? Is it one or two? Am I going to be able to find which is the new one out of the mass of spinning mice?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
This Winter Wonderland spinning mouse dilemma should be easy to solve with the amount of coverage it gets.
Edit: The one new to this event is called Santa's Spinning Coaster (60 on the map). Owned by Manning.
Last year's spinner from this spot has moved the spot of Thriller (24).

23795744_1598566833528002_6278351107164062336_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/hydeparkwinterwonderlandunofficial/?ref=page_internal

Edit: Have since been. Information fixed.

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
While on the subject of spinning mice, I'll treat you to some even more obscure knowledge.
One has appeared at Clapham Common for this event:
http://winterville.co.uk/
Clearly 'who owns the cred?' is missing from the FAQs.
The answer is Wilmots Attractions.
You're welcome.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Well I expected so but once people knew what it was nobody seemed to follow up with any info. I don't believe the unofficial page released an attraction list this year which is what I usually go by.

So it's just one cred. Ok thanks.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
That's what I had thought...anyone got any specifics? There's usually like 4 or 5 of those kiddie creds so just wondered in case it was hard to tell which one was new.

I did all of last year's ones at the preview as it didn't cost extra but not sure I can bring myself to pay-per-ride a caterpillar anyway. Hmm.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
That's what I had thought...anyone got any specifics? There's usually like 4 or 5 of those kiddie creds so just wondered in case it was hard to tell which one was new.
It looks like the same ones as last year, the Clown(37) and the Sleigh(14) are the caterpillar type rides I haven't heard that either are different creds/owners this year.
Christmas Coaster contraption that's been there forever (8)
Ice Mountain spinner (12)
XXL Wild Maus (with the fab funhouse queue) (20)
Olympia (17)
Thriller's replacement Spinner(Buwalda's from last year) (24)
Santa's Spinning Coaster (60) - new for 2017

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Double post but I don't really care :)
I did this last year which had the showmen on
DelPiero said:
Munich/Olympia Looping - Barth - £9
Ice Mountain - James Mellors - £6
Santa's Flying Sleigh - Buwalda - £3
Christmas/Euro Coaster - Buwalda - £6
Wilde Maus XXL - Max Eberhard - £7
Racing Coaster - Joseph Manning - £3
Alpine Thriller - Joseph Manning and William Thurston - £6
Clown Coaster - Buwalda -£3
Spinning Coaster - Buwalda (TBC which one) - £5

Racing Coaster and Thriller have gone, new spinner from Turkey(?) is in so;
Munich/Olympia Looping - Barth - £9
Ice Mountain - James Mellors - £6
Santa's Flying Sleigh - Buwalda - £3
Christmas/Euro Coaster - Buwalda - £6
Wilde Maus XXL - Max Eberhard - £7
Spinner in plot 24 - Buwalda spinner from last year - £5?
Clown Coaster - Buwalda -£3
Santa's Spinning Coaster - Turkish(?) - £5?

Edited thanks to Jammy Dodger.

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Thanks very much for that @DelPiero. Really useful for those of us tracking travelling creds.

Rather annoyingly, Coaster-Count is still showing Alpine Coaster rather than the new spinner.

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
There's also a kiddie cred at the Winterville thing.
I got the spinner (which spun like mad) but didn't brave the cred - looked to be a Big Apple or similar but is in a segregated children's section of the funfair.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
This Winter Wonderland spinning mouse dilemma should be easy to solve with the amount of coverage it gets.
As far as I'm aware, the one new to this event is called Spinning Alpine Coaster and is on the spot where Thriller was last year (24 on the map).

23795744_1598566833528002_6278351107164062336_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/hydeparkwinterwonderlandunofficial/?ref=page_internal

I will be able to personally confirm this on Thursday.
Just to clear this up here, the spinner on plot 24 is not new. The new spinner is the one on plot 60(Santa's spinning coaster). The coaster on plot 24 used to be on plot 60 however has now moved to plot 24 to take thriller's position.

The spinner on plot 60 is the new cred however from watching an onride video earlier, it looks really slow and the cars barely spin.