What's new

Notable Deaths 2015

CoasterWild

Mega Poster
Gary Owens well known disc jockey and as a voice actor was best known for roles such as Space Ghost (the original voice of which while he didn't reprise on Space Ghost Coast to Coast which I was more familiar with he did reprise it on Batman the Brave and the Bold), the Blue Falcon in Dynomutt Dog Wonder (the role of which he reprised in Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Bravo) as well as other roles has died at the age of 80. RIP.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/gary-ow ... 201433731/

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^Awww that is a real shame, used to read his books a lot. Not been well for a while though, still doesn't prepare you.

nealbie

CF Legend
I'm happy for him. I truly am.

He was getting increasingly frustrated in recent months and I wonder if he genuinely lost the will to live.

Thankfully his daughter knows enough to carry on his legacy.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was only listening to my radio production of Mort this morning on the way to Suffolk actually.

While I initially couldn't see the appeal (I thought he was a second rate Douglas Adams), I changed my mind as I read more and more of his work and saw the way he developed his writing. I think I've read all but about 5 of his books now.

It's sad for us, but definitely better for him.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Back on topic - Geoffrey Lewis died of natural causes at 79.
Although his daughter Juliette is more famous, he was a great character actor in a lot of Clint Eastwood movies (High Plains Drifter, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Every Which Way But Loose, Any Which Way You Can, Bronco Billy, Pink Cadillac & Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil) as well as hundreds of TV shows. He was currently filming High and Outside, a baseball movie scheduled for a 2016 release.

tumblr_mlxurr8qVl1s3mivlo1_500.jpg

Geoffrey_Lewis_Sella_d%27argento.jpg

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/geoffrey-lewis-dead-clint-eastwood-juliette-lewis-1201467979/