What's new

Notable Deaths 2015

CoasterWild

Mega Poster
Half the 2010s is finally over! And now, here's a one-day belated RIP too...

Edward Herrmann, 71:
http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/31/edward-he ... ore-girls/

Herrmann was on "Gilmore Girls" for its entire run and recently appeared in several episodes of "The Good Wife." He was also nominated for an emmy for his portrayal of Franklin D. Roosevelt in the '70's, was the head vampire in "The Lost Boys," and famously starred alongside Macaulay Culkin in "Richie Rich."

davidm

Strata Poster
Bernard Maris
Georges Wolinsky
Cabu (Jean Cabut)
Charb (Stephane Charbonnier)
Tignous (Bernard Verlhac)
Philippe Honoré
Michel Renaud

Journalists, cartoonists, economists...

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Even though I rarely post in here, I often check the roller coaster news on CoasterForce and I would like to share my grief and pay tribute to the victims of the dreadful attack in Paris yesterday.

Adding to the aforementioned names, another 5 people including 2 police officers have been killed in the assault.

It is truly disgusting to know that a newspaper was targeted and decimated. For all its provocative headlines and cartoons, Charlie Hebdo was the victim of an untolerable assault not only on an iconic French newspaper, part of France's cultural legacy, but also on core and universal values such as life, liberty and freedom of speech.

Wolinsky, Cabu, Charb, Honoré and Tignous were all talented cartoonists and defended their ideas and views with courage, intelligence and wits.

I would also like to spare a few words for economist Bernard Maris. For about a decade, he has regularly appeared in C Dans L'Air (one of the best news debating show in France, you will never see futile overheated disputes here, but only fruitful and sensible debates even when people disagree). He was dedicated, pedagogue, and even though I did not always share his views, he was among the admirable people that got me interested in economics when I was a teenager.

Today my thoughts go to the families, friends and colleagues of the victims of this terrorist attack. I am deeply moved and grateful to the messages of support from abroad.

Je suis Charlie. I am Charlie.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
david morton said:
Bernard Maris
Georges Wolinsky
Cabu (Jean Cabut)
Charb (Stephane Charbonnier)
Tignous (Bernard Verlhac)
Philippe Honoré
Michel Renaud

Journalists, cartoonists, economists...