• Nintendo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SEGA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crow

Mega Poster
furie said:
the Mega Drive always seemed to be a bit clunky to me. The screen quality and d-pad build of the Game Gear was very suspect too. House of the Dead? Pants!

In what respect is the Mega Drive and Game Gear 'cluncky'? I will admit the screen quality was never great but neither were any other consoles in the 90s.

House of the Dead is not pants :eek: . I mean Redeadfying the undead! Whats not to like about that! :--D

It all seems to hinge around Sonic for Sega, which I think is odd, because although as an icon he's great - none of his games have actually been really THAT good.

How can you insult Sonic the Hedgehog (1) on the Megadrive! There are many brilliant and iconic levels which are all highly enjoyable! The underwater levels in the Labryinth zone always gets my adrenline running!

A

Anonymous

Would have said SEGA years ago, but now I say nintendo, as Sonic sold out and can now be played on such nintendo consoles as the wii. :)

Slash

Giga Poster
Nintendo, Im sorry the 1st gen pokemon owned the asses of anything Sega had at the time.

Plus Sonic and Mario have been so over done. Although they are bringing them back in a new and exciting way rather than the same old jump over pipes gag or run and roll up into a ball thing.

So yeah Nintendo

Homer

Hyper Poster
Genesis was a better name than Megadrive.

Voting Nintendo because SEGA has become the rockstar that is in its heavy drug phase.

alexdude98

Mega Poster
I voted for Nintendo :--D

Nintendo:

Created FANTASTIC consoles, the Wii, DS, DSi (coming Easter 2009) GBA. Characters are great like Mario, Pokemon. NINTENDO BY A LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG WAY!

Sega:

Meh, they don't make consoles any more. (I dont think) and the consoles are boring. Mega drive is stupid. Sonic is basically their only character.

Nintendo for me :--D Nintendo by a **** long way!

Kebab

Giga Poster
alexdude98 said:
I voted for Nintendo :--D

Nintendo:

Created FANTASTIC consoles, the Wii, DS, DSi (coming Easter 2009) GBA. Characters are great like Mario, Pokemon. NINTENDO BY A LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG WAY!

Sega:

Meh, they don't make consoles any more. (I dont think) and the consoles are boring. Mega drive is stupid. Sonic is basically their only character.

Nintendo for me :--D Nintendo by a **** long way!

Nintendo:

Created "good" consoles but didn't break many boundaries. The Wii was nothing more than a gimmick, and took a similar engine to the Gamecube but used a new concept of playing, it was succesful, but technically it didn't stand up towards the Xbox 360 and PS3. The DS, again very gimmicky, a lot better than the Wii though in my opinion and definately the leading portable console (much better than PSP!), I'm unsure about the DSi haven't really took interest into it. The only notably great Nintendo console was N64, and I mean the games on that machine where amazing (Zelda, Banjo, Goldeneye etc). Nintendo has a larger variety of characters than Sega, I don't think they're amazing though. Mario is just an Italian Plummer who is a very succesful long jumper -thinking in context. He is a very boring character. The latter majority of Nintendo characters are either childish or boring, I'm starting to find Link an extremely boring silent character, so is Metroid. Pokemon "was" a very succesful franchise, I used to love the originals (Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold etc), but now its died off terribly since the GBA/DS releases, I've really lost my attention to the series. So to be completely honest I don't believe its "NINTENDO BY A LONG WAY".

Sega:

Yep they don't do console's any more, but the ones they have done are outstanding! Breaking more boundaries than Nintendo have ever done. Travelling back to the past when Sega was the king of the industry, Nintendo had the NES, Sega had the Master System then eventually the Mega-Drive arrived! Now that was the machine that inspired Nintendo to make the SNES, but in all fairness it was far from succeeding Mega Drive's set of powerful games. And if anyone finds the original series of Sonic the hedgehog boring I will make them ride Stampida in the back. The series was a complete adrenaline rush, and Sonic the hedgehog was actually an "interesting" character and had interesting characters throughout the franchise. If you find an Italian plumber rescuing princesses more interesting than a hedgehog as fast as a Bugatti Veyron fighting robots and a fat bald man riding on top of WMD's: I'll be pretty worried. Sega has many characters but they're often over-looked too easily. Most of the characters were brilliant but never became that popular, but Sega mainly stuck to arcade style games and ignored the inclusion of characters. The Dreamcast was a console that pushed boundaries, unlike anything Nintendo have actually done. The visuals doubled from the N64, the games becme a new generation, online play was introduce into console-gaming, and Sonic Adventure was awesome!

To conclude my short speculation, I don't think either are as good as each other. I vote for ZX-Spectrum! :--D

kimahri

CF Legend
Kebab said:
Sega has many characters but they're often over-looked too easily.

Jet Set Radio series
Panzer Dragoon series
REZ
And although they are more well know the HOTD series.

So uh yeah.

I agree with you.

I say Sega.

Error

Strata Poster
Uncle Arly said:
Has anyone ever played any of the Sonic games?

If you have, it's clearly SEGA for the win.

Sega Genesis was the first system I owned (or played) and Sonic 2 was a game I had gotten SO CLOSE to completing. I do love the classic sonic games, even have Sonic Rush for my DS. Sega Dreamcast was very advanced but soon crushed by the PS2/Xbox.

Nintendo I can't say much, but Mario had a better transistion from 2D to 3D then Sonic (which is considered to be a bad move still). Mario also has had a better, longer running then Sonic as well.

Overall, Nintendo provides still with the Wii and has both Sonic and Mario.

Nintendo.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm

Although i have played on both, i have only ever owned Nintendo products (out of the two options) so felt i had to support them.