• SEGA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They both suck? :p

I keep trying games from both, and keep on coming away disappointed. Always so much promise, and so little to entertain me.

Nintendo win purely because their party games are so much better.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
The best console ever was the N64, but most other things by Nintendo suck.

The Sega Megadrive was the best for it's time.

I'll say Sega.

Nadia

Mega Poster
SEGA!!!! The Master System was the best console ever, I still use mine now and again, Alex the Kidd :love10: Sonic 2 :love10: awww love it!!

A

Anonymous

Mmmm, Mega Drive!!

Love it to bit's, almost want to get a second hand one.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
My first two consoles where these from a second hand shop in Runcorn - Circa 1980.
BinatoneMK6.jpg

Binatone Sytem. I think 4 versions of Pong, but no light gun game for me (My friend had one with the light gun).

telegames.jpg

This had a stunt game where you had to try and jump buses with the handlebar controller. About 16 other versions of Pong on it too :)

Second one is Atari, who were clearly better than Nintendo AND Sega :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
Sega for me just for the sonic games alone. Also the Master System was my one of my favourite consoles.

Kebab

Giga Poster
SEGA FTW!

Shame the whole companies gone so down hill now. But the Mega-drive was "mega". And Mario sucks and is a stupid character - An Italian plumber powered by mushrooms and saves princesses from dragons. I'd rather go with a supersonic hedgehog beating the crap out of robots and rescuing cuddly animals. :)

kimahri

CF Legend
coasterchris93 said:
Shame the whole companies gone so down hill now. But the Mega-drive was "mega". And Mario sucks and is a stupid character - An Italian plumber powered by mushrooms and saves princesses from dragons.

Turtle.

If I had to choose.

I'd say FOO YOO.

The only thing Nintendo did right for me was FF and Mother/Earthbound.

With Sega it was Panzer Dragoon and REZ.

Now the Amiga 500 on the other hand...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Used to work for Nintendo blah blah. Have every Nintendo console except Virtual Boy blah blah. Once dressed up as Picachu blah blah. Still play Nintendo today blah blah.

So yeah, Nintendo. Blah.

Crow

Mega Poster
Sega. For Three reasons:

1) The Mega Drive.
2) The Game Gear (Handheld).
3) The House Of The Dead.

Need I Say More?
:roll:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Crow said:
Sega. For Three reasons:

1) The Mega Drive.
2) The Game Gear (Handheld).
3) The House Of The Dead.

Need I Say More?
:roll:

Yes please - I see none of them as a reason to choose Sega :)

Sega produced some of the leading, fun and most innovative games in the late 80's... In the arcades. While some came across well on consoles, most are just poor penny pincher games designed with flash in the pan gameplay to take your cash from you to see the next pretty bit.

The new Outrun is fab though, and I was always a huge fan of Space Harrier. However, the Mega Drive always seemed to be a bit clunky to me. The screen quality and d-pad build of the Game Gear was very suspect too. House of the Dead? Pants!

It all seems to hinge around Sonic for Sega, which I think is odd, because although as an icon he's great - none of his games have actually been really THAT good. Nothing Sega have produced have ever been anything other than worthy of a few goes for me. Nintendo seem to have that simple to settle into gameplay, which has a lot more to it when you search a little deeper.

jayjay

Giga Poster
kimahri said:
coasterchris93 said:
Shame the whole companies gone so down hill now. But the Mega-drive was "mega". And Mario sucks and is a stupid character - An Italian plumber powered by mushrooms and saves princesses from dragons.

Turtle.

Koopa.

I'm pretty inexperienced with games consoles and never had anything like a mega drive or a N64, but out of Wii stuff, a brief play with Mario 64 and brief plays in the past on Sonic, I'm inclined to go for Nintendo. Plus, the Mario series is awesome.