What's new

New Ride for Chessington in 2016?

Dar

Hyper Poster
They are getting that tree top rope course though.

That's something, right?

Right?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
Just found out that Tomb Blaster isn't reopening until 2017 due to the refurb work....!.

Where did you find this out. It's reopening in around May time most likely.

Jared

Hyper Poster
I can confirm, as the source of all the Tomb Blaster news, you're citing from Chessington Buzz, that it will re-open this season. Albeit slightly late due to the sheer amount of work being done.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^What 'sheer amount of work' would £800,00 entail though? I'm no theme park expert, but what would this sort of cash buy you in terms of a retheme or general improvements or what?

Sad that Tomb Blaster won't be open all season though, it's my favourite thing at Chessington...which is secretly fab anyway.

Ben

CF Legend
£800,000 will buy you very, very little.

A few new lights, a few bits painted here and there, but nothing that could really be called substantial.

I'd be surprised if you rode it after it's done and did a little more than a few "oh that looks better"s.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ben said:
£800,000 will buy you very, very little.

A few new lights, a few bits painted here and there, but nothing that could really be called substantial.

I'd be surprised if you rode it after it's done and did a little more than a few "oh that looks better"s.
That's all I want.

Tomb's a really important ride to me - maybe the most important ride to me, nostalgically. So, any improvement is welcomed, and I'm actually hoping it'll be subtle to preserve it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well, I've got more than one thing correct then.

Like you, I don't actually know, I'm just passing on info I've seen, and have no direct reason to doubt it. After all, this is News and rumours.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Re: New Ride for Chessington in 2016

Here's something from Chessington buzz confirming new trains, guns and lasers.
The ride when it opens this season will feature all new guns, refurbished trains, brand new targets and completely rejuvenated sets. We were fortunate enough to take a look around the ride and were allowed to take the following photo’s to bring home to show you all the amazing work going on to bring this ride back to life. Tomb Blaster Behind the Scenes (2016).
So you heard correct Martyn.