What's new

New Ride for Chessington in 2016?

spicy

Giga Poster
Looks like a poor mans splash battle. Exactly the sort of thing you expect Chessington to add unfortunately.

Ben

CF Legend
These are really cool and fun but yeah they're cheap and the weather in this country is only good enough for them about three hours a year.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
jj23w said:
New for 2016 tomb blaster with fixed effects and a new computer system.

Bet it isn't.

[quote^]Based on everyone's previous responses along the lines of 'Too high of a capacity for Chessington", I'd thought I'd join the bandwagon. I actually think it's a decent ride for Chessington[/quote]

But hasn't Chessington got overcrowding problems, so a higher capacity would be better?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
No, that's why mack were onsite fixing the problems when it closed. Plus the building is highly flammable and could go up in 6 minutes.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
One of these has been rumoured for a while. Like others have said, fun rides, but not really something that should be coming to Chessington.

Then again, I've heard rumours that they might not even be getting a new ride at all now. Apparently the 'New for 2016' section was taken off of the Howloween map?

elephant58

Hyper Poster
jj23w said:
No, that's why mack were onsite fixing the problems when it closed. Plus the building is highly flammable and could go up in 6 minutes.

The 'new for 2016' ride will absolutely not be a cleaned-up Tomb Blaster.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
A cleaned up Tomb Blaster is one of the many things Chessington needs. It was in a unacceptably poor state when I visited a year ago with a sluggish throughput at least 50% of the targets broken and broken props. I'll never expect huge badass coasters or $100million dark rides on the scale of Transformers but the park needs a lot of sorting out and improvements otherwise it will continue to be Worlds of Meh.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Am I the only one who thinks that Chessington needs another water ride? This isn't the worst option for a small size addition by any means.

Ben

CF Legend
There's a difference between a water ride that is good any time of the year because you don't get too wet (Rapids, Flumes etc) and these sort of things that get you so wet no one wants to do them unless it's boiling.

They could do with the former but the latter, nah.

Jared

Hyper Poster
With it heavily suggested that Dragon Falls won't open in 2016, who knows what's going on at Chessington.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ First I have heard about that, only heard about Loggers, where has it been suggested Dragon Falls will do the same?

Jared

Hyper Poster
spicy said:
^ First I have heard about that, only heard about Loggers, where has it been suggested Dragon Falls will do the same?

With Flume and Loggers both out for 2016 and Chessington having scrapped its new ride for next year, things seem to be a bit all up in the air.

spicy

Giga Poster
Sounds like a knock-on effect from The Smiler crash which has hit Merlin groups finances hard.

Scrapping new attractions and ride closures are completely the wrong way to go about it moving forward though.

spicy

Giga Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
spicy said:
Scrapping new attractions and ride closures are completely the wrong way to go about it moving forward though.

Not from a shareholder's pov.

Which is half the problem. Wouldn't see Disney/Universal operating in this way to please their share holders.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Jared said:
spicy said:

With Flume and Loggers both out for 2016 and Chessington having scrapped its new ride for next year, things seem to be a bit all up in the air.
The Flume isn't shut next year? Just Loggers Leap.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
To be fair on Merlin though, they're still pushing on with the Air plans for 2016 and there's been nothing to suggest that SW8 won't happen in 2017 either.