What's new

NEW FOR 2011: Park Video Guides; YOUR OPINIONS WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Strata Poster
As part of the growing CF Documentaries series we are currently looking to expand even further what we have on offer. These new videos will be a spin-off series and will be video guides aimed at all those people out there that may be new to a theme park; a 'Theme Park Visits for Dummies' if you will. Overall it will give people a feel for the park before they decide to visit or take a family.

Now, since most enthusiasts pride themselves on knowing all there is to know about parks, who better to help us compile the information that is presented. Your input and expertise is needed so that we can make sure that all the info we get covers all the different areas we want to cover.

The videos themselves will be no more than 5-10 minutes long and will literally give an overview of the park for first time visitors and will give hints and tips on how to get the most out of a visit. If any of you have seen the Disney Holiday Planning videos you will get the jist of the stuff we are including such as:

*How to beat the queues... ie where to head to and avoid at the start of the day.
*The best time of year to visit.
*The best/cheapest places to eat
*What are must see or do attractions or shows.
*Ride Ratings (that are realistic and not too disimilar from what we see on the park maps) ie GForce: Intense for thrill seekers, Pandemonium: For those with strong stomachs etc.
*Car Parking. Is there a fee?

Of course, whilst we want your help compiling our information, we wont be including personal feelings about rides. We will not be passing judgement on the rides themselves so comments like 'Shockwave is rubbish, avoid it' will not be making the cut, if that makes sense.

Since the brand of '...for Dummies' has already been done the first thing that we want to do is give this series its own unique name and have decided that we shall leave it open to the members of CF to suggest and choose the name.

Please submit your entry for the suggested series name ONLY here before November 30th 2010. (We will get to the video content part in the new year so don't get all excited and start with that stuff just yet)

Mark

Strata Poster
Guys, this is going out to the public and not just CFers.. don't you think calling them goons is a bit... harsh?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Sorry, just I can't think of anything imaginative atm and I'm in a rather weird mood... I blame the cold...

Never thought goon was a relatively harsh term on here anyways? Oh wells, shows how much I pay attention these days...

Mark

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Sorry, just I can't think of anything imaginative atm and I'm in a rather weird mood... I blame the cold...

Never thought goon was a relatively harsh term on here anyways? Oh wells, shows how much I pay attention these days...

Of course, goon on here isnt harsh at all, its almost endearing. However, these videos are going to be aimed at non enthusiast types ie non-CFers... :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mark said:
Of course, goon on here isnt harsh at all, its almost endearing.
Only a goon would think that :p

Erm, my mind is still frazzled from the weekend. I'm sure I'll have a shot of inspiration when I least expect it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mushroom said:
How about: CF's Essential Guide to....
That's quite boring tbh.

Snoo said:
'Shut up and Scream: A how-to guide on visiting an amusement park"
The "...and scream" bit is workable, but I'm not sure about the "Shut up" part. "Sit Down & Scream"?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ian said:
Snoo said:
'Shut up and Scream: A how-to guide on visiting an amusement park"
The "...and scream" bit is workable, but I'm not sure about the "Shut up" part. "Sit Down & Scream"?
Sit back?

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Coasterforce presents:
'A bluffers guide to Theme Parks'

or,

'Coaster Noobtube'

or

'Coasterforce Cheatmode, or Coasterforce Cheats'

or

'Coasterforce:the Knowledge'

or finally how about...

'Don't Panic...?'

s15c

Mega Poster
My Suggestions

A Hitchhiker's Guide to the _________

The Amateur's Guide to __________

The "I Want to Look Like I Know What I'm Doing" Series
^Bit long, but funny^

The Line Jumper's Guide to __________

The CF Penny Pincher's Guide

The Taco Guide to ___________
(Just seems to me that it would grab attention, of course there would need to a descriptive subtitle)

My personal favorite is the line jumper one.

Status
Not open for further replies.