What's new

Nürburgring | Ring°Racer | S&S Compressed Air Launch

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
How can you fail to understand the translation? They're saying summer 2010, after a three month testing period & another TÜV inspection. They don't want anymore "big bangs".

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^But are they saying it won't be open during the summer 2010, or they need another three months testing etc?

Either way, it's a huge shame. It looks like a great ride.

I'm not quite myself this morning.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
More Delays for the Roller Coaster at the Nürburgring

Adenau - The start of the announced fastest roller coaster in the world, the Ring°Racer at Nürburgring, will be even further delayed.
The new business manager for Nürburgring LLC, Hans-Joachim Koch confirmed to the Rhein-Zeitung (Friday edition), that the ride will not be running for the season start at the end of March. Ring°Racer will not be operational until the summer, which is a delay of approximately a year later than planned.
Nürburgring-Manager Koch informed the newspaper that currently Nürburgring is planning a schedule for a three month test period and subsequent examination by TÜV (Technical Inspection Association). "We cannot and will not afford further breakdowns," said Hans-Joachim Koch. So far RingRacer has mostly made headlines due to accidents during unmanned test runs. By the time the roller coaster becomes fully operational it might not be the fastest in the world: the summer of 2010 is also the scheduled opening of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, that has announced to have a roller coaster faster than Ring°Racer.
You had better cut out all those MSN chats with Taylor bud. I thinks she's beginning to wear off on you. Just imagine what you'll be like after spending the Live with her! :p

andrus

Giga Poster
^I'm also wondering how much of all this S&S has to pay for? I mean Arrow did go bunkruptcy after the construction of "X", I thought that was because they did pay for all the delays? I thought that all coaster manufacturers/parks did use a contract to set out the final costs before the construction starts? But after reading that article it seems like that's not the case..
"We cannot and will not afford further breakdowns"said Hans-Joachim Koch.
Or he might be reffering to that the reputation of the ride and Nürburgring would not be good if the ride broke down again??

Snoo

The Legend
When you look at this and compare it to it's former models, S&S has really advanced in it's design.. especially when it comes to the trains.

One thing continues though.. reliability is in the ****ter.

marc

CF Legend
Sorry my error did not mean to double post I thought I had added this to my last one.

rollermonkey said:
For those whose German might be a little rusty.
:wink:

Green Light for the ring racer - but only in the spring

Nuerburg No more experiments: After an accident in July and September, the roller coaster "Ring Racer" at the Nurburgring taken until the spring of 2010. The CEO said the park's "Ring Factory", Andreas Stickel.

The economic damage of the Nürburgring GmbH is to take the roller coaster manufacturer, the company "S & S Power" from the U.S.. It was settled on penalties in the contract. Since the purchase price for the Coaster, 12 million euros, had not been paid in full, you dispose of surplus. Have been withheld, according to Minister Hendrik Hering (SPD), 2.3 million U.S. dollars. Such penalties have been made against the manufacturer claims already.

The revenue lost by the failure of the "Ring Racer" will be the bottom line is considerably higher than the previously calculated 600 000 Euros: The amount was calculated only until the end, put herring in a clear economic committee of the Diet. "You can safely say that there will be one million," said FDP Deputy Günter Eymael. He also asked about the reputation of the roller coaster builder. Herring explained that the 90 percent needed to keep the land owned by Nürburgring GmbH at the tender in the spring of 2007 to the procurement rules for public procurement and the lowest of three bidders awarded grant. "S & S Power" has a reference list of coaster tracks presented in several countries.

More than lost revenues, the maker employed at the ring and the Diet committee, however, the question of the cause of the second ring of 3 Racer Accident September. These seven people were injured. Two of them are still under medical treatment, two continued to complain of health problems caused by the deafening blast in the best sense of the word in the accident.

That there were casualties, cleared the ring until days later. On the question of the CDU called herring to justify communication delays within the ring was next Ltd. Meanwhile, the manufacturing company, TÜV Nord and TÜV Rheinland, TÜV Süd also involved as a consultant to clarify how it came to failure of one of the three compressed air cylinders. First results are expected in early October. Because of the lengthy procurement of spare parts of the trial operation until the end of the year may already be resumed.

The accidents in July and September, according to Herring, "various causes, but the same error" - the programming in the software system. Even without a coaster, customers must pay the "Ring work" since the weekend, the full ticket price of 19.50 euros. There are per purchased ticket for one free ticket for a return visit.

This has also been known to the General Council Meeting: Since the beginning of the expansion project "Nürburgring 2009" has the personnel changes accelerated in the Ring GmbH. This year alone there were 47 Substitution by fluctuation in a total of 147 employees in the past 38 or 37 Was terminated during the current year so far eight people, in the three previous years, 12 to 15

Four of the retired employees are still working as a consultant for the ring. That flowed in the past three years, fees of 1.54 million euros, of which only 2009, a good half a million.

You had better cut out all those MSN chats with Taylor bud. I thinks she's beginning to wear off on you. Just imagine what you'll be like after spending the Live with her!

All this dissing behind my back :(

Seriously, that thing looks incredible. Good pictures too, Jerry, shame you missed it by a mere day.

Steven

Giga Poster
Shame about this ride does any one have any updates or have I jinked this ride with this topic I created?

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Sounds like a speedier version of Rita then! :p

But seriously, the acceleration alone is an experience, and I'm sure that's what they're intending to focus on. After all Nurburgring isn't a theme park it's a raceway, so I'm sure they don't care about 300 foot top hats and air-time hills.

A

Anonymous

I'm not impressed with this, as it can run much slower, unlike TTD or KK, which have to run as quick as they do to get over the top, why can't we have it like the Americans.

CMonster

Giga Poster
*GASP* IT'S UC!!!!!!!!

Nothing like suprise returns and such. :--D

On topic, is this still closed or what? Wasn't it supposed to open like... forever ago?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's not going to open until next year (at the earliest).

A

Anonymous

Re: Ring°Racer, Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate Germany

^ Nope probably not this year...

Rhein Zeitung through Google Translate said:
Nürburgring: Hazardous incident involving the ring-Racer test

Nurburgring - The series of mishaps at the roller coaster "ring-Racer" at the Nürburgring does not stop. In security tests on the "Ring Racer" came during a so-called controlled firing an explosive bang. While there were no injured people - but probably only out of luck. It would have been in this dangerous incident may also be otherwise.

An approximately 10 cm long piece of iron is said to have missed in the incident, only a few centimeters to the head of a mechanic of the team Bonk Motorsport in the pit lane. The safety tests were finally starting during the third round of the VLN Endurance Championship - and so were the participants of the VLN race exposed a potential danger.

In autumn 2009 it had during a test drive at the launch pad of the roller coaster also be a given explosion in which six workers suffered a blast injury. The safety tests were not adjusted during the third round of the VLN Endurance Championship again to risk any further incidents. They are to be resumed after the race. In June, should be "ring-Racer" actually go into operation.
Source

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Ring°Racer, Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate Germany

LOL

To think two years ago I thought I'd get on it that September, haha <//3