What's new

'My First Trip Report', by William, aged 12.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
So I've got this nephew right, and earlier in the year we took him for his first visit to Alton Towers. Needless to say, he loved it, we've definitely got a goon in the making here.
So when he got invited to go again recently with his own mates, I jokingly said to him that to do it properly he has to write a trip report afterwards for the goon forums.
And would you believe it, he only went and did one, bless him!

It might not be a Radaxian style pun-fest filled with pictures and pie charts, but for 12 years old I'd say this was a valiant first attempt. I think the boy is a natural :)

So here it is:

Hello David.

You asked for a sit rep on my trip to Alton Towers, so here it is.

My friend invited me and two others to go to Alton Towers with them, and we left on Wednesday morning at about 7:30. We arrived just before ten when it opened, and queued for the monorail.
First, we went on Thirteen, and me and my friend James were sat at the very front which was brilliant. As we put our baggage into the storage area, our bay number was 113 which was the opposite of reassuring after walking under a ladder on the way there. Then we went across to Rita which was amazing, as usual.
Next, we went over to Duel, which made me jump at places, and sent a shiver down my spine when a hologram of a zombie went straight through me. Then we decided to go on a slightly easier ride – the Runaway Mine Train which was fun. Afterwards, we went on my favourite rollercoaster at the park… Nemesis. The first time just me and James went on it, then 2 minutes later went on it with Harry as well. The third time Seamus decided to join the club.
After that extravaganza, we went over to Air, which was faboosh. Us four posed as superman for the camera, which was great timing. Then we went over to Sonic Spinball which was very jerky, but great fun. Then we went over to the scary big lad… Oblivion. Me James and Harry walked up to the entrance, but unfortunately Harry ran off at the last minute. So me and James went on Oblivion, and I was on the front row on the far left. This meant that it felt I was going to hit the edges as we went underground.
Soon, it started to rain, so since we were so wet anyway, we went on the water rides. First, we went on the Log Flume which got us very wet; me especially because I was at the front of our bath tub. On the first slope upwards, we bumped into the tub in front of us, then the one behind us did the same. After a few minutes it was like operation stack and we were not moving anywhere. After about 10 minutes of leaning backwards on the slope, we started to move and eventually finished with a huge splash. Then we went on the Congo River Rapids, which was great. The only downside was that I was nearest to every single splash. So with both water rides and the fact that it was raining heavily the whole time, I was drenched from top to toe.
Instead of going in the dryer to warm up, we took the sky ride straight back to Air and Nemesis to complete 13 rides.

Thank you for reading.
We should meet you at Alton Towers again some time soon.
From William

: - )

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Tell William it's a great report! Lovely to see some young people getting into coasters (I always wish I'd found this hobby at a younger age). He's obviously on the right track with the Nemesis love. Did you ride 13 after all the suggestive superstition on the way in?

Also, I love how all his friends are named after Harry Potter characters!