Do you like Muse?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No (shame on you)

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Kebab

Giga Poster
I used to love these guys, but as my music taste developed, they've slipped off my radar. I do like their older stuff, I think they have a bit of identity crisis with most of their songs, and they just seem to be sounding more and more like Queen every album they release, but can't deny how great some of their songs are.

Favourite album: Black Holes and Revelations (I think this is their most solid album, taking the best from Absolution and making something, if a bit more mainstream friendly, varied and enjoyable)

Favourite song: Citizen Erased (This song is the one that made me love Muse in the first place, masterpiece)

I prefer to listen to The Dear Hunter now, they're really similar to Muse, but they're a lot better band in my opinion.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttWo89MQO3I[/youtube]

Kebab

Giga Poster
On the subject of Muse, here is a trailer for the new album...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqFZGnfMLMw[/youtube]

Why Muse!? Why.. :|

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
kimahri said:
Not really. The lead singer's voice is annoying...
This. Brilliant music but as soon as he opens his trap, I switch off.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
kimahri said:
Not really. The lead singer's voice is annoying...
This. Brilliant music but as soon as he opens his trap, I switch off.

I love bands with annoying singers as they help to make me sound better when I sing along :)

I actually love Super Massive Black Hole, and it's probably my favourite song of the last 10 years. Hysteria is also superb and I always enjoy Knights of Cydonia.

They're one of those bands though that wind me up. They appeal to a kind of "base", it's odd to describe without sounding snobbish.

It all sounds very clever, and it's all presented as intelligent, but in reality it's either just rehashing something else "cleverly" or only being clever to people who don't actually know what "clever" is. It's like Dan Brown books, or The Apprentice. Stuff that is designed to make you feel that you're intelligent and full of understanding of something brilliant. In reality though, it's all very mediocre and just dressed up and presented in a way that makes you feel like you've had to think/learnt something.

It's hard to explain, I'll try harder when I eventually get around to laying into Joss Whedon in one of the TV/Film topics ;)

rcjp

Roller Poster
Neither am I. I did really like muse but then they released "resistance" and I was like "okay...." and then came... I can't even remember the name. Oh, "second law" and that's when I had a heart attack.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
My brother is touring with them again this summer, but he's only doing the outdoor gigs. So if anyone is going to see them at an outdoor venue send me a PM and I'll have him try to get you a backstage pass.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
OMG Muse are my favorite band!! Sounds awesome Jerry...if only I was over that way...darn it!
Ohh well, Peep and I are going to see them in May in London...sooo looking forward to that gig as I haven't seen them in a while.

For me they have never quite regained the heady heights of their first album, but I actually have really enjoyed the 2nd Law immensely. Muse are one of those bands who don't ever sit still and are constantly reinventing themselves - I love that they've really got their funk on at the moment!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure what kind of advertising I'm doing Kimi. :?
I guess offering someone the opportunity to get a backstage pass is morally incomprehensible to you, but everything I post seems to be a target for you to jump all over, so I really don't give a crap what you think.

Mysterious Sue said:
OMG Muse are my favorite band!! Sounds awesome Jerry...if only I was over that way...darn it!
Ohh well, Peep and I are going to see them in May in London...sooo looking forward to that gig as I haven't seen them in a while.
My brother lives in Germany and he is touring all over the world with them (everywhere except the America actually) so if the shows in London are outdoors, then he will be there.
Let me know if that's the case and I'll try to arrange for him to hook you and Peep up. :wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Mysterious Sue said:
Muse are one of those bands who don't ever sit still and are constantly reinventing themselves

Do you not find that they are more reinventing everyone else? There isn't another band in the world that sounds more like the entire 80's, including any band from the 80's :lol:

Me and Madame_Furie sit listening to them going "and this one's Queen, this one's The Mission, bit of Jean Michelle Jarre there..."

To be fair, they do the 80's considerably better than any of the bands they have reinvented ;)

wipeoutfan

Roller Poster
I like Muse but not enough to say I'm a big fan. My favorite songa by them are "Knights of Cydonia" and. "Starlight."

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I say 'yes' but I really only know Uprising, which is very good. I may know more but I tend to remember track names rather than specific artists :p

madhjsp

Giga Poster
furie said:
Mysterious Sue said:
Muse are one of those bands who don't ever sit still and are constantly reinventing themselves

Do you not find that they are more reinventing everyone else? There isn't another band in the world that sounds more like the entire 80's, including any band from the 80's :lol:

Oh come on, they didn't have dubstep in the 80s! :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_xdvn52As#t=01m26s[/youtube]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If they did, then Muse would have done it now, better than they did then :p

Janey54

Roller Poster
Muse are awesome...I don't have a favourite song, but I like Plug In Baby, Knights of Cydonia, Resistance and Invincible best among others. My favourite album is probably Black Holes and Revelations.

Mike

Giga Poster
Why do you keep posting to threads where the last comment is usually one of yours saying the same thing but just posted a month earlier? :?

Muse. Sue and Fraser were shocked to find out that I don't know any of there songs, and since they introduced me to their music, I still don't know any! :p