What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
Must be the top speed now, I can't really see it getting any faster.

The lift is a lot faster now and the brakes don't seem to stop it as much as before. I am looking forward to this, it's nice to have a ride that's only down the road from me :--D .

A

Anonymous

LooK Good

I think this prefect ride for Flamingo Land i think it will bet G force at Drayton Mnaor.

Ollie

CF Legend
Re: LooK Good

Michael said:
I think this prefect ride for Flamingo Land i think it will bet G force at Drayton Mnaor.
Firstly I assume you mean beat not bet. And secondly. Any ride is better than GeForce.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Re: LooK Good

Ollie said:
Michael said:
Firstly I assume you mean beat not bet. And secondly. Any ride is better than GeForce.

*Nods* What he said,
If I'm honest the ride looks a little disapointing, and I was going to pop up to Yorkshire this year to try it out, oh well, suppose I still can, and say "I've been on the worlds steepest coaster", then next year some park gets one 0.00000000000001degrees steeper and suddenly Mumbo Jumbo will be crap, and the new one will "Just be a gimmick" aswell and we will all get sick of El locos, I can image it.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Personally I'm very excited about this ride. It's nothing like I've ever ridden before, so I'm looking forward to riding it. It might be crap, but then again it might not. I'm not going to judge it just by looking at a few Youtube videos.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I forgot to mention that I finally got to ride Steel Hawg, didn't I?
:oops:

It was pretty fun, actually. My only complaints were the lifthill is strangely loud and the ride itself is somewhat on the short side. I guess that's what happens when you confine a coaster to such a tiny footprint.

The only thing that might be a problem for FL is the fact that it isn't really a high throughput ride. A lot of that was made worse at IB by the fact that the entrance ramp leads to the unload position and the exit ramp is right next to the load position. (The ride loads and unloads from the same side, but still, WTH? )

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't think this ride will be getting into anyone's top tens, but it looks fun, which is really what you want from a small ride like this.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Absolute' fant'tastic that were that, chuck.

Ahh, to be Yorkshire :)

I think the point with this ride is, it is different. And for a local park in the North, it will be completely new to 70% of it's riders. So with that being it's selling point (Apart from 'Worlds steepest drop' blah blah blah) It is perfect!

Comparing Mumbo to many other rides in the UK will quite obviously put it in a bad light.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It looks like it'll just be a fun coaster. Though I get the feeling it will be incredibly painful on that bend before the first MCDB.

davidm

Strata Poster
Rode Steel Hawg last week and the only painful bit was the brakes right at the very end - they were a little jarring. Otherwise I thought it was a great little ride - much better than just dumping another mouse on the footprint.

I think FL will have a winner on their hands!

A

Anonymous

im looking foward 2 this ride, steel hawg looked awesome and 2 ride the world's steepest drop on a rollercoaster, its gonna be good

Snoo

The Legend
david morton said:
Rode Steel Hawg last week and the only painful bit was the brakes right at the very end - they were a little jarring. Otherwise I thought it was a great little ride - much better than just dumping another mouse on the footprint.

I think FL will have a winner on their hands!

Agreed. Mumbo won't be a horrible coaster at all. Steel Hawg was delicious. <3

coastermac

Roller Poster
If you go before it opens, watch out at about lunchtime. The construction workers get bored and ride for about an hour. Give 'em a wink and they might just let you on.

A

Anonymous

jacoaster said:
Here is a much better quality video of the ride, including POV footage!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VWcqBE53o[/youtube]

I presume this is it's full speed now.

I am still not sure its full speed yet, they still have a bit more testing to do

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
WHO WANTS TO RIDE THIS ON THE 4th JULY?

CoasterForce and most other enthusiast groups have been offered a ERT session on it's record breaking coaster.

As you may or may not be aware, there's a CF-Live at BPB that day so I can't go :(

If there are any CFers that would like an ERT pass to the enthusiasts event, also with a chance to represent CF, contact me by PM or email ASAP!

Guinness World Records will also be there, so maybe you'll get your mug in the paper!

Ollie

CF Legend
I would love to but have no way of getting up there. Also knowing my luck I'd get up there and it breaks. :p