What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
To be honest, I'd rather buy the merchandise as the ORP is probably the worst quality I have ever seen.

Ali

Mega Poster
Anybody else think that the lift hill on the POV looks just like a Euro Fighter lift hill?

Those that have been on this already, what sort of queue's should I expect if I were to go this weekend? Anything more than an hour I won't bother, prefer to go in the Summer and get a load of rides in.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Queues were about an hour to 70 mins on opening day. So I'd expect it to have died down a bit by now, especially on a weekday.

A

Anonymous

dude that really is the sickest drop ive ever seen! The restraints are pretty wierd in my opinion. O and i heard that when they were testing this coaster and they put the water dummys in, after the ride every one of the dummys was leaking water. Talk about thrill!

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Is the song they play in the videos the actual ride theme tune or a random song? I find it really quite infuriating :(

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
The drop is pretty decent, if you go on it early in the day, the trim really kills it, but when it gets warmed up it just ignores the trim totally.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I only managed to get on it a couple of times the other day due tom the massive amount of people in the park and also the very slow loading on the ride itself. I guess its to be expected with a new record breaking coaster but I wouldn't bother queueing that long for it again.

The lift hill is good but once you hit those trims, they ruin the drop and also it really slows the train down for the rest of the circuit. At least with the slow train you can enjoy the inverted drop section which is probably my favourite element on the coaster. Also the final banked turn back into the station I enjoyed.

Overall it was okay and I enjoyed it about the same as Saw at Thorpe so I would give it about a 5/6 out of 10. Its a great addition for the park and judging by the crowds it should pay for itself very soon.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
I know you're not meant to bring older topics back, but I've just noticed, in this topic Jools did say that the ride had similarities to a Wild Mouse coaster, and people had a bit of a go at him, or harshly debating XD
Now however I have been Reading other topics where people actually say that the ride I'd "like an overrated wild mouse", which I can see where they are coming from, I enjoyed the ride and after the first few reviews I was expecting something amazing and BETTER than Saw, but if I'm honest; I wasn't too impressed, barrel roll and outwards curve were my favourite bits.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Um, don't know why people would have debated this point. Stan Checketts always said that the Screaming Squirrel concept was to take a Wild Mouse, and turn it on it's side. Since the progression of the concept was:

Wild Mouse --> Screaming Squirrel --> Afterburner --> Steel Hawg/Mumbo Jumbo

Then anyone who feels that there is some Wild Mouse in the ride experience of MJ would certainly have some evidence to back that up.