What's new

Most Unexpected Thrill

Nic

Strata Poster
pebs34 said:
Hex at Alton Towers. Did not know what it was. The pre shows are ok but was beginning to get a little bit bored. The swing was just amazing. Never expected that because i had never been on anything like it before. It is now a must do everytime i go to Alton
As in, you actually think you properly swing backwards and forwards and upside-down? Yes, of course you do.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I don't think he meant that at all, just that he didn't know what the ride was and the whole ride/effect was a pleasant surprise. Plus, before Vekoma came along and called it a Madhouse, this type of ride was known as a Haunted Swing.

And it does move backwards and forwards...

Sam

Giga Poster

I had absolutely no idea what it was, what happened on it or anything about it when I rode it (having been absent from this place and the whole theme park world for some time now)... when the thing dropped I almost shat myself (obviously thinking the ride had come to and end). Fantastic stuff.

fishman100

Mega Poster
I'd have to say Space mountain in Disneyland.

All of the turns surprised me, as well as the series of drops near the middle or end of the ride.

And let's not forget the on-ride photo and the startling flash of light that pretty much blinds you for a few seconds, since you're used to the dark. :)

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Comet at Hersheypark, when you look at it off ride it just looks like a mild woody with a few hills, but it had a crazy amount of airtime!!! After riding Talon at Dorney Park i also thought Great Bear wasn't gonna be as thrilling, but even though it was kind of short, it was an amazing ride!!!!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Nic said:
pebs34 said:
Hex at Alton Towers. Did not know what it was. The pre shows are ok but was beginning to get a little bit bored. The swing was just amazing. Never expected that because i had never been on anything like it before. It is now a must do everytime i go to Alton
As in, you actually think you properly swing backwards and forwards and upside-down? Yes, of course you do.

Err isn't Hex based on the old concept called a 'haunted swing' though i.e. they give the impression that they are swinging

http://www.joylandbooks.com/scenicrailway/images/conceptplan2/concept24.htm

Edit: just realised Gavin beat me to it, apologies dear. But I put in a link so nerrr

fishman100

Mega Poster
metalhead7 said:
Comet at Hersheypark, when you look at it off ride it just looks like a mild woody with a few hills, but it had a crazy amount of airtime!!! After riding Talon at Dorney Park i also thought Great Bear wasn't gonna be as thrilling, but even though it was kind of short, it was an amazing ride!!!!

I agree. Comet had so many hills and it gave you so much airtime! And Great Bear was fantastic :D