What's new

Most Unexpected Thrill

Lofty

CF Legend
^ They had one at Gulliver's Warrington which sadly got moved from the park in 2005. Shame. I may actually have to try and get on the one at Flingo. Are they not the type of coasters that they don't like adults ride unless they're with a kid though?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Depends on the park. The one at Mingo is fine for adults.

Nic

Strata Poster
Eugh, that one at Mingo is horrible! There's very few coasters that I've been on once and refuse to do again. That's one of them. Oh, and didn't it get relocated from somewhere? Where did it come from?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The one at Flamingoland is the one from Gullivers Warrington, which was also at American Adventure. **** me, that coaster is a WHORE!

I've said it once and I'll say it another thousand times - Jumpin' Bean at Paultons Park surprises and delights me every time I ride it.

It's only a crappy bounce tower but I've yet to find one that makes me smile as much that one does.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Cyclops at Mount Olympus. I'd heard it was a bit mental going over that insane drop, but nothing quite prepared me for it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tomatron said:
Cyclops at Mount Olympus. I'd heard it was a bit mental going over that insane drop, but nothing quite prepared me for it.
What! It was fun but it didn't cut it for me. Perhaps I expect too much, which is why I took time out to photograph you on the ride! Hades' drop towards the car park tunnel was better imo.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Ian said:
Tomatron said:
What! It was fun but it didn't cut it for me. Perhaps I expect too much, which is why I took time out to photograph you on the ride! Hades' drop towards the car park tunnel was better imo.

Hades was definitely a better coaster, but it didn't have a massive WTF fear-for-your-life moment like Cyclops did.

Shubinine

Mega Poster
Tonnerre de Zeus, parc asterix.

When you look at it, it's basically hidden in the woods and if you rode goudrix before it would look like a little baby.

it's kind of scary in the queue when you see at the breaks the track bend, and you think twice about riding it...
Then, when u get up and see what's hidden in the woods youre like :shock: WTF?!

Some airtime too :--D

Mr. X

Roller Poster
I have two. Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris I thought would be more or less the same as the US versions with just an extended ending under the river. However, that finale seems so much faster than it actually is and combine it with the fact it's completely dark makes for one heck of a finish.

The other would be Disneyland's Space Mountain after the redo. The effects were great, the music was great, and much like BTMR at Paris, seems to be going twice the speed it actually is. Plus, it's probably the darkest indoor roller coaster I've ever been on. I literally couldn't see where I was going.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
Mr. X said:
I have two. Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris I thought would be more or less the same as the US versions with just an extended ending under the river. However, that finale seems so much faster than it actually is and combine it with the fact it's completely dark makes for one heck of a finish.

The other would be Disneyland's Space Mountain after the redo. The effects were great, the music was great, and much like BTMR at Paris, seems to be going twice the speed it actually is. Plus, it's probably the darkest indoor roller coaster I've ever been on. I literally couldn't see where I was going.

I'm with you on that. I got on the one at Disneyland California and didn't expect it to be much. Damn, was I wrong. It was awesome.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Junior Stampeda at Port Aventura, look liked a kids ride but scared me sh**less and made me worried about Stampeda although Stampeda was tame in comparison( this kids ride was my first woodie)

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Either Volcano, The Blast Coaster or Flight of Fear @ Kings Dominion.

Volcano, The Blast Coaster
Expecting it to be "just another roller coaster" as I entered the queue, I wanted to ride it just for another "been there, done that" sort of thing, mainly to increase my coaster count. It honestly looked a bit tame as one of the first impressions. However, I was totally thrilled by the entire experience when I actually rode it, specifically by its quick, 70 mph launch I didn't see coming, as well as those highly situated heartline rolls (I really almost can't stress it enough how awesome I think they are); I found it so cool being up there and "rolling over" with the amazing sight of the aerial view doing the same.

Flight of Fear
Only wanted to ride this for the same reason as Volcano, The Blast Coaster - just for a "been there, done that" and to help increase my coaster count. It seemed to be insignificant at first, looking to be "just a little indoor roller coaster". But after being launched into a near pitch black area, I was astounded by such suspense of its awesome, seemingly insane sensation - being hurled around in this darkness, not knowing what's next and unable to clearly decipher which way is up or down.

Both coasters are currently in my top 10.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
^ Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion? I heard that park is awesome. I've always wanted to go, but never got around to it. You make the FoF ride sound amazing. All the more reason for me to go.

pebs34

Roller Poster
Hex at Alton Towers. Did not know what it was. The pre shows are ok but was beginning to get a little bit bored. The swing was just amazing. Never expected that because i had never been on anything like it before. It is now a must do everytime i go to Alton

alexdude98

Mega Poster
Space Mountain - WDW.

I thought it was going to be alright but by the end I was like O_O.

"We're gonna go left! *coaster plummets* WOAH!" I could ride Space Mountain over and over because in the dark you don't know what's gonna happen and it's always gonna give you an unexpected thrill!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Octopus at Walibi Belgium for sure, which is a simple Chance Wipeout. I passed that thing so many times cause I thought it was pretty lame, but last year during summer, some friends really wanted to try this ride out. So I joined them, thinking I would be pretty bored. But I think this was a ride from hell. It was so f*cking intense and wild...after the first spins I started to feel dizzy and really sick! After the ride stopped, I had to run to the toilet to...see what I ate that noon from pretty close.